[MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3j

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
oblimorro55

Re: [MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3i

Post by oblimorro55 »

Many, many compliments for your job !!!! :D :D
It's real true !!! ;)
Almost Human should have to recruit you
one question
I don't able to find Golem heart for Elune's ingredient's :oops:
Where is the Golem ?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english...I am Italian :roll:
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

oblimorro55 wrote:Many, many compliments for your job !!!! :D :D
It's real true !!! ;)
Almost Human should have to recruit you
one question
I don't able to find Golem heart for Elune's ingredient's :oops:
Where is the Golem ?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english...I am Italian :roll:
thanks a lot oblimorro55. As for the ingredients - you need have Hunter skill and just kill some stone golems. In case you already have killed them without the skill you will be not able to fulfill the quest. There are many interesting and rare ingredients which you can get with this skill, not just to sold them, but also craft some rare items.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Greetings, Drakkan!

I have watched the recent walkthrough of the channel "Lexa hraje" on YouTube. As I understand it from the answers for last series, you are planning to release another version and fix a bug with the damage leprechaun using fire walls...

I would like to remind as a bug, which is still relevant for the 3i version. This is a very useful for me basic protection of poison spell. It is still not studied. I have studied with the help of tools modders cause. There's a code instead of "earth_magic" written "poison_magic" and this type of game there. Please note this bug and fix the same in the next version. I don't want to open the add-on instruments from DZH for edit yourself and pass the original version. Otherwise saves from different versions are not compatible in two different players. So...
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4
PkerHide

Post by PkerHide »

I've already gotten 2 blueprints, one from some sort of bow and one for the rapier. I thought the forging altar would be the one on Central Beach. Should I keep playing and I'll eventually find out or have I missed it already?
FennerMachine

Post by FennerMachine »

Maybe a bit late replying but if you keep playing you will find the forging altar.
Cat123

Post by Cat123 »

Not sure if the mod maker still visits here, but just in case (registered to post this).

This is by far one of the best mods I've ever played, and the author should be immensely proud of his work. Was extremely enjoyable, if very difficult in places (I made the mistake of starting on medium, not easy - the beginning game is brutal). So, many thanks for making it - enjoyed it loads, sad that technical memory issues stopped you making it bigger :(

No, really: this is 100% what modding is for, and it really shows why games companies should keep including SDKs and so on - thank you for preventing the Grey Goo of Locked Content Corporate nonsense prevailing! :)

Here are my end stats:

http://imgur.com/RI6J3Rj

23/24 secrets, 15/11 epic items (I presume this is due to crafting), 23 hrs played.

Levels visited confuses me - 56/59? I was fairly sure I'd completed most of the game (!). The secret I missed was probably early game, was still playing like GRII, not "ultra sneaky puzzler" - I actually found the Sleeper's dungeon very easy due to the fact I was in pure puzzle thinking mode by that point.

Some positive feedback / criticisms:

#1 The author is not a native English speaker, and it shows in the dialogues. For future projects, it might be a good idea to get a native speaker to help out - the English is passable, but doesn't "read" as correct. Then again, I suspect he probably speaks 3+ languages so that's not a put down.

#2 The puzzles were brutal, esp early on (the weight one in particular - for the love of my sanity[1]) - it would have been a bit kinder not to make the experience so linear early on, since banging your head against a brick wall is frustrating! i.e. it would have been great if a few of the later zones opened up before the crypt puzzle, even if they ended up destroying the player. Balance wise, I found the early boss fights (giant cannon rat + summons) far harder than later fights due to lack of resources / skills / gear.

#3 HEIGHTS! THANK YOU! This is 100% what I found odd about Grimrock II - everywhere is so flat and barely multi-leveled, which is disappointing given the engine. The swamp level and the Neth ruins are absolute brilliant usage of the engine - although I thought one part of the Neth ruins was a bit mean (view distance? couldn't see pressure pad in the distance). It would have been great that once you got the
SpoilerShow
helmets of water breathing
in the Neth ruins that exploring the deep underwater parts would have been rewarding - given the ruined temple details down there, I spent a bit too long exploring / looking for secrets / hidden parts :oops: - given the map memory limitations, you could have added bits of what you wanted to put in the deeper dungeon down there with the breath requirements preventing players exploring before they solved the puzzle.

#4 Buried Treasure chests - only got 7/8, and I've read that there are a few more hidden around the place... but no clues. It would have been nice to have a few more clues, even if they were cryptic.

#5 River tiles / underwater - was weird that although the swamp connected to the map north of the city, the others didn't connect at all - especially since the secret triggered by the
SpoilerShow
four underwater plates
did connect. Not sure why you prevented this.

#6 Although you get to buy skill books later on, the new skills (6 or so) coupled with the effective level cap of 15 means you don't really get to use them much.

#7 Wai you hate earth magic? +40% combined damage on the two endgame staves... but no spells to use with them! Then again, Frost Magic Blizzard / ultimate = OP, frozen mobs = 100% backstabs.

#8 Later levels felt like they had less secrets / non-essential areas to explore to them ~ perhaps I'd just got conditioned into hunting everywhere. Although, given what I've read in this thread about memory issues, I suspect author was feeling the pinch by then.

#9 Due to the preset NPCs, you're kinda bound into roles making some content nonviable. e.g. you get the special
SpoilerShow
2-H sword from the obelisk treasure
but you're unlikely to ever use it - this goes for early items such as maces, 2-H swords etc, which are all worse than the default gear you get. Also, given the firearms slant on Mord... if you pump bows & upgrade to mithril + crits, your DPS is massively larger (esp. if you unlock the special x4 arrow attack) - and not just a bit larger, we're talking x4-5 larger.

Will post more if I think of them.

Questions: On Atlantis level 4, with the spiders / walking around the edge, you can throw a stone onto a pad and open up a 1 square walkway with a mini-altar on it. What does this do, if anything? I couldn't get the game to register anything I put on it, I assumed it would trigger a secret. Unfinished or did I miss anything? (Note: I watched author's walkthrough vid & he didn't use the plate / even open this up?)

[1] SPOILER TO WEIGHT CRYPT PUZZLE FOR SEARCH INDEXES:
SpoilerShow
The solution is to place the exact WEIGHT IN KG in the alcoves - SIX (6) - FOUR (4) - TWO (2) - ONE (1). Wood Logs are exactly 1.0kg which is useful here
[2] SPOILER TO 4 alcove item puzzle - FIRE BOMBS DO NOT WORK. This stumped me for ages, I thought it was bugged (not helped by the posts on this forum): Correct answer
SpoilerShow
HEALING POTION - FORTUNE COOKIE - SILVER COIN - FIRE NAPALM (these are the ratkin special ammo)
. You cannot use a fire or napalm bomb, they do not trigger.
Last edited by Cat123 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Cat123 wrote:Here are my end stats:

Epic Items Found: 15/11
How is that possible?
Cat123

Post by Cat123 »

Zo Kath Ra wrote:
Cat123 wrote:Here are my end stats:

Epic Items Found: 15/11
How is that possible?

No idea - at a guess, I found all the epic items (11/11) then upgraded 4, with 1 having 2 stages.

Rapier > Improved Rapier > Mithril Rapier = 3

Sickle > Mithril Sickle = 2

Paladin Mace > Milthril Mace = 2

Longbow > Mithril Longbow = 2

I assume each step is counted as a separate item ID #, thus the over-count - but that's doubly weird, since 11/11 > 16/11 should be the outcome ?!
ukdouble1

Post by ukdouble1 »

I play 3f version, because it has russion translation. Plz, sorry, if i make a mistake in the items name because of the double translation.
I have 2 trouble.
1. I can not pay ruby. If I put it on the table, no purchase is made (in any shop of the city).
2. Paladin`s Hammer of holy retaliation (maybe wrong name, red hammer 10-30, 4,5 sec. cooldown, 5 ap) does not heal my paladin, but inflicts damage to him.
Cat123

Post by Cat123 »

ukdouble1 wrote:I play 3f version, because it has russion translation. Plz, sorry, if i make a mistake in the items name because of the double translation.
I have 2 trouble.
1. I can not pay ruby. If I put it on the table, no purchase is made (in any shop of the city).

Оставьте рубин в вашем бумажнике, просто нажмите на серебро или золото части, он будет автоматически обмениваться на монеты.