Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
zimberzimber

Re: Isle of the Deranged 2.1

Post by zimberzimber »

Aha, got it!
SpoilerShow
1. You could've just disabled their meteor attack component :v That way they will also not spam memory eating wall_fires and not heal whatever is around them. Also, you can exploit their behevior right now by standing in front of them while they try (and fail) to use the attack, and use ranged weapons.
3. I don't remember where I found the mine key, but it was not near the excavation site, and I'm almost sure it was not in the catacomb area. Then I used it to unlock the path to the Olde Scorched Valley. From thee to nomads demise and... You get the idea.
My asset pack [v1.10]
Features a bit of everything! :D
zimberzimber

Post by zimberzimber »

Two more things -
SpoilerShow
1) Seems like the situation I had with the excavation site has repeated itself with the elemental planes. I teleport there from Nomads Demise, but I can't get there through the swamp area because the spear door is still locked :P
2) It is possible to convert all 4 power gems before using them where necessary. By the time I got them, I almost forgot one the water elemental required two to be opened.
My asset pack [v1.10]
Features a bit of everything! :D
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

zimberzimber
SpoilerShow
1. I could have, but as I mentioned before they were annoying to fight. Playtesting them was a chore. Additionally, I want them to heal the other enemies, which ensures the player uses different tactics.
3. The mine key is not near the excavation site. It t opens the gate to the excavation site. Their is a mine key is in the Eternal Catacombs, and one on the main Isle. I'll look into it, but you still need to access all levels to complete the game, so you'll still be able to play through the game.

"Two more things"
1. I'll look into that. Teleport back to the main isle or Eastern Zhaoze, and you'll be able to attain the required items.
2. No. You require four of them, and there are six in total. You use two later...
Arrgh! Stop teleporting everywhere! :D They are only meant for fast-travel. :lol:

Ene.

Sorry, man. That sucks! I'm sorting it all out now. Shan't be long.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
ukdouble1

Post by ukdouble1 »

First, I apologize for the bad english.
Very grateful to the author for his mod and a job on its support and development.
In each of the first six locations I apparently missed the one-two secrets, but I'm going to solve them with the times. The only puzzle that I did not give rest for a couple of days - a few doors in the Excavation Site.
SpoilerShow
At first I was put into the alcove small healing potion. The door 3 did not open, but I got the message "found the secret." I decided that I opened the door 1 or 2 (other secret places I could not find). Trying to open the door 3, I took the healing potion from alcove and put into the alcove red mushroom. The door 3 opened, but the doors 1 and 2 are closed, for any of my actions. I fear that I have something has spoiled and I do not know what secret was opened with healing potion. If anyone remembers the answer - tell me, plz.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hi, ukdouble1.

There's never a need to apologise for your English level.
SpoilerShow
The alcove puzzle in Grimwern Excavation Site requires a Blooddrop Cap. That opens 'door 3'. What you did was correct.
Door 2 is accessible from Grimwern Woodlands by falling down the pit trapdoor in the south-east.
Once you pull the lever in the north-west of Grimwern Excavation Site, then you are unable to access the 'door 2' area.
It is only a secret, so don't worry about it too much.
Door 1 can never be opened. additionally, you have not spoilt anything.
Welcome to the forum.
ukdouble1

Post by ukdouble1 »

Big thx.
That is the message "secret found" by placing healing potion in an alcove appeared because of interaction with them, and the action itself was wrong and been not provided?
Last edited by ukdouble1 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozthekeymaster

Post by ozthekeymaster »

Hi Slayer

Just playing through vcersion 2.1 (yes - again!). Found Noda's Demise Cavern this time (nicely hidden - didn't spot it at all on the first playthrough)

Found another crash bug though I'm afraid.
SpoilerShow
Dropped into the Cavern, got into the "library" part - speaking French helped :-), found the room with 5 altars, found the statue, took it to the altar room.

However although I can put it on the 4 corner altars (doesn't seem to do anything), every time I put it on the centre one it crashes the game.

Link to a screenshot of the crash report https://1drv.ms/i/s!AqFDEzehp-v2iIx3MOtWFnDnOVdIHA
Link to the log file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFDEzehp-v2iIx4PrV41GEuogdFBg
Still enjoying the module loads though :-)
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

ukdouble1.

Hey, man.
The spear is not a quest item. It also does not fit into the sack or the wooden box, so you are right. :)

ozthekeymaster.

Oz, good find.
SpoilerShow
I figured out the problem. It was a single digit that I changed after I playtested it, which is a stupid move. I apologise.
It's okay, because, that little room is a fight area with a few nice rewards. The rest of the cavern is accessible, so you don't miss out on too much.
I'm glad it was so well hidden that you missed it. I thought it may have been obvious at first sight.
Yes, I thought I'd add a few other languages for the bi-lingual and multi-lingual people.
I think it contains Italian, Mandarin, French, Danish, Finnish, Swedish, and a few others I can't remember. Teach all of those English-only speakers a lesson. ;)
Thanks for reporting the bugs, too. As long as everyone's enjoying it, then I don't feel too bad. :)
ozthekeymaster

Post by ozthekeymaster »

:-) If it helps for the next update....
SpoilerShow
In Japanese it's
三つ必要です
OR
mittsu hitsuyō desu (if you can't use the correct Japanese character set)
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

:)
I was going to write the hanzi (Chinese characters) for the Chinese part, but It doesn't accept in the editor.

Cheers!