[MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3j

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Drakkan

Re: [MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3h

Post by Drakkan »

Lab5 wrote:
Drakkan wrote:
Lab5 wrote:Hello I am having a problem finding all three Crowern Figurines?
I have two and I have checked the following areas many times now.

You need three crowern figurines. You can find them -
The Outpost area (south-west part)
The Conwill forest (middle area, hidden near the wall where you can climb crossing the bridge)
The Swampy area (north-east part)
Any ideas on what I am missing would help.
which one you are missing ? the statues are as described.
I am missing the Outpost area (south-west part) - I have restarted the game just to make sure. I have the other two and have checked and re-check the area.
I have not made it to the south-east part of this area - across the water.
it is just behind the wooden wagon you need to destroy in west-south part of the map (best access from the central beach area)
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Firia

Post by Firia »

I've only just begun, and I am impressed with the cleverness used to go into interacting with people and commerce. I am curious if there's anything to be done with quest scrolls once the quest is complete. I did the rat cellar quest, and I am unsure what to do with the scroll as it languishes in my inventory.

Thanks!
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

just finished this mod and wanted to say thank you to the developer. i had a good time, thought it was an excellent mod and i'd recommend it to others. if there's going to be Grimrock 3 I would hope it's like this in terms of towns, shops, side quests and interactions with NPCs. I think that would be one logical way to evolve the game. also, firearms were finally awesome in this mod unlike in the original game and the paladin class and light magic was great, as well as new spells for other types of magic.

as far as complaints go, for some reason I ended up playing version 3f (I think that was available at the nexus download link at the time, although currently they say it's 3g). in any case, I think there should be a warning next to the download link in the first post to say that it's to an old version (I just assumed it was up-to-date, otherwise I would have downloaded it from the dropbox link). I did encounter some bugs, but I think they've been fixed by (the current) version 3h. for example, rocks did not work for me as weights in the weight puzzle to enter the cemetery crypt, which caused me a lot of frustration since I didn't realize this was a bug until I looked at the walkthrough.

also The Master fight (Outpost rat boss early on in the game) was too difficult for me and I had to cheat on it (slow it down using the cheat engine). it's most difficult fight in the mod imo relative to the party's level and equipment, and just seemed a bit out of balance with rest of mod's difficulty (on normal at least) - if he had fewer helpers it would be better imo. even the final boss was easier because by that point I had a bunch of healing crystals and good equipment. also, the warrior's cloak would have been awesome if you could access it a bit sooner.

anyway, overall the mod was awesome, so thanks.
Kholdy

Post by Kholdy »

Hi, currently enjoying the mod very much. I have a few questions.

1) In the Blue Inn, there's a locked door to some stairs. How do I unlock it?

2) I got an Ornate Key from the cemetery boss. Where does it go?

3) I killed the boss at the Hideout, but there's still a room in the western part that I can't open with no keyhole. How do I get there?

Thanks.
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Kholdy wrote:In the Blue Inn, there's a locked door to some stairs. How do I unlock it?
I don't quite understand the question... If you mean the door with stairs on four towers at the edges of the city, it will not open at all ever...
Kholdy wrote:I got an Ornate Key from the cemetery boss. Where does it go?
If I remember correctly, a door opens to a stone golems near the entrance to the Hideout with the help of this key. This place can be seen from above, from the place where you fought with rats for the first time to open the spear door and take the blue borra for alchemist Griff.
Kholdy wrote:I killed the boss at the Hideout, but there's still a room in the western part that I can't open with no keyhole. How do I get there?
This door can not be opened. Drakkan himself wrote that the door can't be opened in the current version of the game...
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4
Kholdy

Post by Kholdy »

Thanks for your reply. That golem boss was tough, and I'm at level 13 with fire shield. At least I can replenish my rock supply that I was running out of. Speaking of which, the spike doors near the golems that seems to lead into Conwill Rich Quarters, I never opened that, does it open?

When you enter the inn, turn right immediately and you'll see closed doors to some stairs. I can't figure out how to open that, or if it's supposed to be opened.
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Kholdy wrote:I never opened that, does it open?
If I understand your description correctly it's quest door which opens after you collect all parts of the quest treasure map!..
Kholdy wrote:When you enter the inn, turn right immediately and you'll see closed doors to some stairs...
Well... Now I realized what kind of door in question...
Unfortunately it probably is private house of innkeeper. There is also impossible to get there...
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4
Drakkan

Re: [MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3i

Post by Drakkan »

Altough i stated no more changes, I had some time recently and as there are some letsplay videos on youtube, it gave me some ideas for slight improvements. Becasue I do not know if I will have time / mood to edit more in the future I am uploading current changes as version 3i. Enjoy whoever still want re/play this dungeon.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6bjbgwrrlukv ... i.dat?dl=0

version 3i
SpoilerShow
- first conversation in the Blue Inn cannot be skipped
- starting dialogue shorten up
- Shrine icon added in Pale village automap
- The Hammer of Revenge bug fixed (higher stats, no longer life leech)
- The Master boss has 50 less HP
- Mummy Lord now drains more energy and is stronger
- ghost skeleton giving less xp and draining more xp damage
- Valtharion Mace improved a lot
- NEW WEAPON: Knife thrower
- NEW BLUEPRINT: Valtharion Mace upgrade
- NEW ITEM: Tome of reset skillpoints
- Quest item Green mole jerky has green aura around it
- some shop management (more items to buy and sell)
details:
Zashan selling Tome of the wisdom
it is possible to sell some artifacts
More copper for some sellable items
Blue Inn has Rum potion

- some grammar correction(s)
- some texting slightly improved and some hints and events added
Eye of the Atlantis
Kholdy

Post by Kholdy »

I see that you released a new version, which means my feedback may be too late, but I'll give it anyway.

First of all, I enjoy this game very much. I love the concept of having quests and a town where you can go and talk to people. I also like that I can buy/sell certain things, especially firearms ammo. Therefore, what I say below are just nitpicks because you already created a great mod.

-Although you added new skills, many of them are not exactly...possible to take. One such example is Mace Proficiency. Valtharion has so many things he needs to train. If he's going to stay a front liner (and he should if you also want a wizard and a firearms user), then you're going to need to get at least light armor, preferably heavy armor. He also needs to level up Heavy Weapons to equip them. Oh, and lastly, he needs to level up both Light Magic AND Concentration. So unless I want to a grand challenge, I would skip Mace Proficiency.

-Ascalon can get Sword Proficiency, but it felt like I'm just replacing Critical with it. The only character with skill points to do anything is Mortimer, who really only needs to level Firearms (or Missile), no Accuracy needed because he has high Dexterity, and I can go Trophy Hunter on him. Avae suffers the same problem as Valtharion, albeit less crucial. Because of the addition of the new duo-elemental spells, her skill path is completely locked with 2 types of magic, concentration, and alchemy. In short, while you have new skills to try, I find myself being too restrictive to try them out. I suggest you try 2 skill points per level and scale the monsters appropriately, or at least give Avae/Valtharion more free points when they join in Concentration (2-3 points), Accuracy/Mace Prof (Valtharion), and Alchemy (Avae).

That's my only main issue. Below are some minor things that I noticed:
-For some reason, there is a lack of gloves. I can just buy them, but it's interesting.
-For the weight puzzle, putting items in a box and using the box's total weight doesn't work.
-Meteor Strike is listed in the library as 5 Fire + 3 Concentration, but when I buy the scroll it still requires 5 Fire + 3 Air like in the original version.
-Just an opinion, but it feels kinda bland to have 3 of your party members be human. But I guess it fits the narrative.
-Undead slayer could OHKO any undead at rank 5 and I would not take it, since it only works on melee. Like mentioned before, my melee guys already need to train armor, weapon, proficiencies, accuracy, critical, light magic, concentration...you know, skills that are useful against ALL enemies. You may want to look at this skill again. I'm not claiming it's weak, but I'm claiming that no matter how strong you make it, it will be useless.

Thanks for listening! Once again great mod.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Kholdy wrote:I see that you released a new version, which means my feedback may be too late, but I'll give it anyway.

First of all, I enjoy this game very much. I love the concept of having quests and a town where you can go and talk to people. I also like that I can buy/sell certain things, especially firearms ammo. Therefore, what I say below are just nitpicks because you already created a great mod.

-Although you added new skills, many of them are not exactly...possible to take. One such example is Mace Proficiency. Valtharion has so many things he needs to train. If he's going to stay a front liner (and he should if you also want a wizard and a firearms user), then you're going to need to get at least light armor, preferably heavy armor. He also needs to level up Heavy Weapons to equip them. Oh, and lastly, he needs to level up both Light Magic AND Concentration. So unless I want to a grand challenge, I would skip Mace Proficiency.

-Ascalon can get Sword Proficiency, but it felt like I'm just replacing Critical with it. The only character with skill points to do anything is Mortimer, who really only needs to level Firearms (or Missile), no Accuracy needed because he has high Dexterity, and I can go Trophy Hunter on him. Avae suffers the same problem as Valtharion, albeit less crucial. Because of the addition of the new duo-elemental spells, her skill path is completely locked with 2 types of magic, concentration, and alchemy. In short, while you have new skills to try, I find myself being too restrictive to try them out. I suggest you try 2 skill points per level and scale the monsters appropriately, or at least give Avae/Valtharion more free points when they join in Concentration (2-3 points), Accuracy/Mace Prof (Valtharion), and Alchemy (Avae).

That's my only main issue. Below are some minor things that I noticed:
-For some reason, there is a lack of gloves. I can just buy them, but it's interesting.
-For the weight puzzle, putting items in a box and using the box's total weight doesn't work.
-Meteor Strike is listed in the library as 5 Fire + 3 Concentration, but when I buy the scroll it still requires 5 Fire + 3 Air like in the original version.
-Just an opinion, but it feels kinda bland to have 3 of your party members be human. But I guess it fits the narrative.
-Undead slayer could OHKO any undead at rank 5 and I would not take it, since it only works on melee. Like mentioned before, my melee guys already need to train armor, weapon, proficiencies, accuracy, critical, light magic, concentration...you know, skills that are useful against ALL enemies. You may want to look at this skill again. I'm not claiming it's weak, but I'm claiming that no matter how strong you make it, it will be useless.

Thanks for listening! Once again great mod.
Hi Kholdy !
thanks for great review and feedback. I see you have lots of tips and "complaints" about new skills and generaly you are true. This Sword / Mace / Axe proficiency was firstly intended to use with another party members (I was planning minotaurs, dwarves etc...) but at the end I end only with Paladin. At least light magic works the way I wanted and it is offering many players dilema if go for tank / healer, which is exactly what makes the skill ivestmnet interesting. I think general problem is as you described - there are four party members and skill investment is kind of given in case you want have the best possible outcome (multi-elemental spells etc...). As you said, the only "choice" have Mortimer, where you want go for Hunter skill. Etc., I see your point. I tried at least give player some items with skill bonuses, but still there is not enough skill points to invest (altough in last version you can buy Tome of Wisdom).

Unfortunately I am not planning any changes for now, but I will definitely keep this in my mind for future projects. Thanks
Eye of the Atlantis