What can be opened by Master Key?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Sophiel777

What can be opened by Master Key?

Post by Sophiel777 »

Aside from golden locks and locks in the Island Master's Lair, what else can be opened with Master Key?
Locked Chests?
Teleports? (The ones which normally require Hub Keys).
Any other locks?
Dr.Disaster

Re: What can be opened by Master Key?

Post by Dr.Disaster »

It opens all locks that require keys like a Master Key should ;)

The only thing it does not open are locked chests which is fine since they actually require lockpicks and not keys.
Sophiel777

Post by Sophiel777 »

Are you sure though?

Because when I try to open a locked chest with any other key (for example golden key), I get "Locked" message. So perhaps proper key (Master Key) could open them.

I know that it doesn't really matter that much but I'm currently doing this restrictive playthrough. Saving everything I can until the endgame. Including all keys and items not crucial to progression.

A video would be nice to confirm this, but I can't find any online. Or a trainer to give myself Master Key just to check if it is possible.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Yes, i am sure. The only way to unlock a locked chest is with a lockpick. There are more lockpicks than locked chests in the game so that's no issue at all. Just find more lockpicks and mark still locked chests on your map.

All other locks that usually require a key can be opened with the Master Key.

In case you're still not convinced you can use the game's editor to build yourself a little test area with all kinds of locks, chests and keys.
Sophiel777

Post by Sophiel777 »

Could you post a link to such an editor?

I don't own a steam version, just a GOG one.

Also I can't open cfg file so editing a save file with a Master Key is at themoment not possible.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Sophiel777 wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:In case you're still not convinced you can use the game's editor to build yourself a little test area with all kinds of locks, chests and keys.
Could you post a link to such an editor?

I don't own a steam version, just a GOG one.

Also I can't open cfg file so editing a save file with a Master Key is at themoment not possible.
The GoG one is better 8-).

In either case... both have the editor built into the game; you access it from the main menu. If you don't have the editor, then you should really update the game. Just go to GoG and download it, and install the new version. Updating is almost required anyway, as most mods would expect (and probably require) the new features of the updated version.
Sophiel777

Post by Sophiel777 »

Thanks for that.
Aby idea how to edition cfg file?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Sophiel777 wrote:Aby idea how to edition cfg file?
To do what? To access the Dungeon Editor all you have to do is click on it in the game's main menu.
Sophiel777

Post by Sophiel777 »

Not the editor.
I wanted to temporarily enable cheat codes to give myself master key and check by myself.
For that I need to edit cfg file.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Well all you have to do is set "console = true" and define the key you'd like to open it with
OR
just find the Master Key.

I'd say the later is way more fun.