[MOD] Wrath of the Gorgons v1.2 now released

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
WaspUK1966

[MOD] Wrath of the Gorgons v1.2 now released

Post by WaspUK1966 »

The latest version of my mod is now available on Nexus for download:

http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/65/?

and on Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =671692234

The city of Kronos was about to fall. In desperation, King Minos sent 4 warriors to the Island of Cerna, home of the Gorgons, to retrieve an ancient artifact: The "Oracle of the Gods". Only its power could save the city now. But what awaited them on the island was beyond their darkest nightmares..

Contains intro and ending storyboard cinematic and music
13 varied levels
Custom weapons and items
Custom monsters
Storyline based on Greek Mythology

In v1.2:

The game has had a complete overhaul:

Numerous bugs and graphical glitches/typos corrected
Each level has been tweaked and in several instances completely redesigned
In v1.0, food was scarce and your party was constantly starving. Now corrected
Difficulty level was set too high in v1.0. Now adjusted.
Game has been play-tested and completed by me, and works as it should.

NB: The game does NOT contain firearms (not around in Ancient Greece), so don't
waste Skill Points on this ability. Create your own party at the start, as selecting the
default party option will create a character for you with a firearms ability.

Also, for those that downloaded the original v1.0, I apologise. But this new version I
feel looks and plays a lot different so would appreciate it if you could try it again.

So, save often, and enjoy. Any comments/feedback greatly appreciated. Contact me on
here, or on Nexus. My username is WaspUK1966

If you like the game, please endorse it. Thank you.

George
Drakkan

Re: [MOD] Wrath of the Gorgons v1.2 now released

Post by Drakkan »

seems interesting, altough I gave up in first dungeon after meeting first skeleton. With just one dagger and bare hands he was constantly paralizing me and killed my whole party, no way to fight him dealing max 1 damage... I am supposed to import my high level party for this dungeon and smash creatures with spells or the difficulty is set so high ?
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Thanks for your post. As regards importing a high level party, please don't. It will make the game too easy. I've designed it to get progressively more challenging the further you go. Just create a custom party at the start. You will gain extra skill points later on for completing certain tasks in addition to one's gained in the usual way.
SpoilerShow
The first 2 levels have been redesigned. When you encounter the first skeleton on level 2, just keep moving and hitting it. It will be killed. Don't forget that you will have a dagger, a branch, and a shield plus sling and rocks from level 1 to aid you. And keep moving when playing the game. You stand still too long and monsters will find you.
Hope this helps

George
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

funny mod!! not so difficult as the crack of doom (a lot of the strongest monsters , less food and christals ) or beleagured island
(the levels runs very chaotic into each other ) https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/47/? (its my custom favorite now!!)

but what is the logica off the pressure buttons with the 18 letters in the gateway to hades???
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Thanks for your post. Funny in what way?

In answer to your question:
SpoilerShow
You need to key in a password. Before you entered the room, you would have picked up a scroll that told you all about ARES, and what he was known as. The password is one of those statements. You will figure out which statement it is, as the buttons have to be pressed in sequence, and you will hear a CLICK once you get the first letter, and a CLICK for every correct one after that.
Hope this helps

George
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Hi. I'm stuck on sub-level 1.
SpoilerShow
There's a puzzle with different coloured gems and a clue "dark blue light green etc. I've tried so many combinations and nothing works.
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi, Jaberwoke.

In answer to your question:
SpoilerShow
The room with the coloured gems. The sign says "Dark Blue Light Green. Red will bring you an award". There are 4 RED gems in the centre of the room in alcoves. Above each gem is a plaque. Each has a word: LIGHT, DAY, DARK, NIGHT. Take out the RED gems for now. Put the GREEN and BLUE gems in the appropriate alcove following the signs advice ie DARK and NIGHT = BLUE, and DAY and LIGHT = GREEN. This will stop the floor traps and open the door to the room with the altar. Put the RED gems into the empty alcoves around the walls (where you got the GREEN and BLUE gems from). This will activate a teleporter. Step into it to claim your award...
Hope you are enjoying my mod.

George
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Thank you. That was about the only solution I didn't think of. Yes, I am enjoying it so far.
Cyno

Post by Cyno »

Thank you for the mod I enjoy it. I am stuck at Gorgon's Lair and have no idea how it works.
SpoilerShow
I have to put in something into the alcove DEATH, FIRE and ENVY. But nothing works. The only thing what happens is, that I got Lightning damage. I found no lever as well. Set the 3 Levers for Bridge activation is not possible as well, becaus there are no lever? Do you have any further hint for me
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi, cyno. Glad you like it. Solution to your problem:
SpoilerShow
The 3 alcoves with DEATH, ENVY, and FIRE. You should have the Sacred Scroll from Mount Olympus. It has symbols on it. The script for the scroll says: "...looks like some form of ancient alphabet"? It is. The 26 symbols represent the alphabet. Top left = A, and Bottom letter = Z. You should also have collected 3 ancient papyrus scrolls, each with the same type of symbols on it but spelling out a certain word. Use the alphabet scroll to decipher the words, and put the appropriate scroll into its relevant alcove. You will come across the 3 levers for the bridge once you've completed this.
Hope this helps

George