Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Duncan1246

Re: Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.4)

Post by Duncan1246 »

I can't find the way to enter the aquatic chamber... I have explored all the level forward and I can't figure out what I have missed...
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
Azel

Post by Azel »

Aquatic Chamber location:
SpoilerShow
In the Stoneship Quarters, there are 2 ways to get in to the Aquatic Chamber area. There are 2 hidden wall switches near the doors to either of the living quarters. The East button is 3 squares from the East doorway, and the West button is 4 squares from the West doorway.

This gets you inside the aquatic chamber itself. The entrance to the surrounding waters is behind barrels within Stoneship Passage.
Hope this helps!
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Azel wrote:Aquatic Chamber location:

Hope this helps!
Thanks, I got it! I have completed the four ages and discover the "pattern 158" room... but I don't know where is this power gem (I remember I have one at the beginning, but I don't know where to find it now...)
SpoilerShow
I can't believe the sons, so... produce it in the dimensional chamber??

Finisterrae(LOG2)
Azel

Post by Azel »

:D
SpoilerShow
There are 2 notes scattered across 2 ages, Stoneship and Channelwood. They each contain a left and right half of the clue. When both notes are found, they can be put together to reveal the power gem.

Marker Switch Vault Access

The vault is located in a very plain view on
the island of Myst, and access can be
achieved very easily if these simple
instructions are followed. First, locate
each of the Marker Switches on the island.
Turn every one of the switches to the
"on" position. Then go to the dock and,
as a final step, turn the Marker Switch
there to the "off" position.
billb52

Post by billb52 »

Hi Azel, I like Duncan1246 cannot seem to be able to get the Power Gem,
SpoilerShow
I am not sure where all the 'marker switches' are? I've tried them all on the island
but still no joy to where the Vault is. Where should the power gem appear? I have not played the mod for a while but now anxious to complete it
Any help would be appreciated.
PS I have the 2 half notes
Azel

Post by Azel »

Hello
SpoilerShow
The market switches are all on Myst Island, the same ones you have to count when you first start the game. There are 8 total marker switches on the Island. When they are all "on" a message appears that the Island feels "alive." When this happens, simply go to the Dock per the notes instructions and turn that marker switch off. The Power Gem will appear on the altar behind you.
Duncan1246

Re: Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.3)

Post by Duncan1246 »

Drakkan wrote: ...
This mod is HUGE and some places (especially boss fights) are quite challenging. As for the level design some places are really well done and you will be nice suprised with all the architecture around or some fine ideas like water breathing etc... On the other side some places feel just stupid (simple maze filled just with monsters)
The finale was REALLY challenging speaking of difficulty, just one tough battle after another, which sounds silly, but suprisingly I was enjoying it the most from the whole level, maybe because there was no real fight challenge before. But I am considering myself as hardcore player, so its ok.
As for the puzzles, again some puzzles are original and cool while some other are...lets say boring. But in dungeon of such a huge size I do not expect everything will be top notch.
I definitely recomend this mod to any player who like Log, because in such a manner you cannot be dissapointed. It still need some polishing, but I know you have invested tons of time into this level and it is visible in the end. Thanks for your time and this fine mod.
I agree with Drakkan, it's a good mod with some interesting places like island itself, Stoneship part , Channelwood, etc ... But I am not an hardcore player as Drakkan says he is, so the final sequence, with its ton of fights, is too much for me. Each time, I feel trapped between monsters coming out from nowhere, and nothing to do to dodge them...
SpoilerShow
Concerning the puzzles, some are very thoughtful, others will be better, imo, if they were smaller, by exemple the aquatic chamber and the pattern 158. Why to make a 48 squares grid where a smaller grid can work as well? Anyway, you can't solve it by your own without the code. Puzzles in Myst were difficult, and it was frustrating because you knew that you don't need complicated codes to solve them but only hard thinking
Anyway, it's a better mod than all I have attempted to play on LG2 and the only one I don't give up before the end, so I recommend to play it.
A great thanks Azel for this smart work
Duncan

Finisterrae(LOG2)
Azel

Post by Azel »

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah that final sequence can be challenging. It's mean to be challenging from a combat perspective, since at this points most of the party should be high level and are gaining 2 skill points per level. Although I may consider some slight adjustments to help balance out "fun" vs "challenge."

:mrgreen:
Firia

Post by Firia »

I had to do some reinstalling, and I'm grabbing some of mods for LoG2.... except I can't remember how to install them. It must be really easy because Google is coming up dry for me. Easy, and I'm a dunce. :)
Azel

Post by Azel »

Just grab the "DAT" file from either the Mystrock site or NexusMods, and then simply copy n paste the dat file in to the following directory:
\Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock 2\Dungeons

:mrgreen: