Air elemental ruined my game..

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Binkus

Air elemental ruined my game..

Post by Binkus »

So there i was using my autosave for a good 5 level difference between my saves and auto

when suddenly i find myself pinned between the Resurrection rock and an air elemental, it came out of nowhere *weeps

having just got out of the sewers, mauled and beaten, with no way to kill it i turned to the internet for help

my only action was to enable console... and give myself that skill point i needed to learn dispel....

it should have ended there but it didnt.... If only i had one more tome of wisdom.. and then another... and then another *weeps

before i knew it all my guys were wearing full suits of crystal armour and would never want for another skill point in game... why oh why did you make the air elemental so hard to kill!!*weeps

and now the game is ruined for me knowing that i can access unlimited power when it pulls yet another super cruel impossible trap.

other than that havnt had this much fun since EOB1 2 3 (but it is slightly ruined by air things, you might want to allow players to move through them at damage)
Dr.Disaster

Re: Air elemental ruined my game..

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Well you could have asked for help before toying with the console ...
Air Elementals are not hard to kill, you only need to know how to deal with them:

1) the Dispel spell scroll can be found in the Archives.
All your caster(s) needs to learn and cast the Dispel spell is Water Magic 1, Concentration 1 and of course Energy.

2) the Acolyte Staff which can be gained in Flooded Dungeon casts Dispel as special attack.
All your caster(s) need to use this staff is Concentration 1 and of course Energy.

3) the Ethereal Dagger which can be found in the Cemetery deals damage to all elemental creatures including Air Elementals.
Any character can use this dagger. It has no requirements.

4) Air Elementals can be tele-fragged like any other monster.
You need to either teleport into it i.e. with help from the Shrine of Entanglement teleporters in Forgotten River or jump onto it.

5) the Wand of Fear chases an Air Elemental away with it's special attack.
Any character with Concentration 2 can use the Wand of Fear special attack. It might require several tries because the Air Elemental has resistances to this attack but it is not immune to it. Just repeat the attack until it flies off.
Thorham

Post by Thorham »

Save more often the next time you play, and stay away from that console ;)
Binkus

Post by Binkus »

Dr.Disaster wrote:Well you could have asked for help before toying with the console ...
Air Elementals are not hard to kill, you only need to know how to deal with them:

1) the Dispel spell scroll can be found in the Archives.
All your caster(s) needs to learn and cast the Dispel spell is Water Magic 1, Concentration 1 and of course Energy.

2) the Acolyte Staff which can be gained in Flooded Dungeon casts Dispel as special attack.
All your caster(s) need to use this staff is Concentration 1 and of course Energy.

3) the Ethereal Dagger which can be found in the Cemetery deals damage to all elemental creatures including Air Elementals.
Any character can use this dagger. It has no requirements.

4) Air Elementals can be tele-fragged like any other monster.
You need to either teleport into it i.e. with help from the Shrine of Entanglement teleporters in Forgotten River or jump onto it.

5) the Wand of Fear chases an Air Elemental away with it's special attack.
Any character with Concentration 2 can use the Wand of Fear special attack. It might require several tries because the Air Elemental has resistances to this attack but it is not immune to it. Just repeat the attack until it flies off.
thanks for the reply, i read all of these online
1 - 5 didnt have or could not execute, like all the other how do you kill this thing posts
Binkus

Post by Binkus »

Thorham wrote:Save more often the next time you play, and stay away from that console ;)
this, in hind sight should have been my answer, i got cocky and just spammed the autosave, when i looked at the level difference it was far too large to let my party time get wasted plus this was only my second party attempt/run through live and learn
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I suspect AH have learned their air elemental lesson for LoG3. :)
FennerMachine

Post by FennerMachine »

Air Elementals are annoying, but there are only a few in the game.
They can also be avoided and don't need to be defeated but as has been said there are several ways to defeat them.
I think enemies like them have their place as long as they are not spammed!