Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Azel

Re: Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.4)

Post by Azel »

Cool thanks. I'll soften that up a bit on the holiday update :geek:
FennerMachine

Post by FennerMachine »

First things first:
Great mod!
Took me a couple of goes to get into it but its fun.

I'm stuck in the Selenitic Caves.
I've found what looks like the way out but cannot open the door.
SpoilerShow
Also found what looks like hidden areas near the exit but cannot open them. I've looked for hidden buttons but only found one to a save crystal.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Here ya go:
SpoilerShow
At the end of the maze you are facing East, and there is a door in front of you. Simply look to the left (which causes you to face North) and you will see the small wall button that opens the door.

Also, exactly 3 tiles back from this exact spot is another hidden wall button that opens a secret wall to a unique piece of armor.

And from the far North-West portion from this location, there is the third hidden wall button, which will give you a Tome of Wisdom.
Thanks for playing :mrgreen:
FennerMachine

Post by FennerMachine »

Thanks!
I'll have a look later.
I thought I could see that many on the map.
Couldn't find the buttons.
I'll try again.

I've got a fairly optimised team already, but thinking of playing the main campaign through to have an even better one just for this mod.
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Did you finish the update you announced for December ? Modding takes so much time I nearly played no mods compared to Grimrock 1 ! I think I need a break, and I was looking for the complete version of your mod with custom spells, is it ready yet ?
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Azel wrote:Exactly correct solution. Quick question, Duncan, were any of the "sounds" too loud or too low for you? They all play relatively the same on my laptop, but I think TinyZu reported some sounds as being obscenely loud lol

If so, I just need to know which ones.
Sorry for the delay... No, the sounds were correct. But perhaps somehow you can add a clue (like a failure indication) because first time I don't understand that these sounds were linked to the block positions.
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
Azel

Post by Azel »

Great idea, Duncan. I will definitely do something to help nudge folks in the right direction. I think this is a more commonly needed update across most of the largest Myst-specific puzzles, to help provide guidance between the Grimrock dungeon crawler aspects and the pure original Myst adventure.

Hey Rainor, I am hustling through this week to wrap up the update. My progress was slowed due to a nastly illness that Santa brought me lol; I was out of commission the day after Christmas and am just now feeling healthy enough to start dealing with code gain. I'll update the thread once this is published.
FennerMachine

Post by FennerMachine »

Did as you suggested Azel.
I decide to start over as I was not prepared!
I've made a new team especially for your mod and almost completed the original campaign with them.
I've used them in your mod and I'm doing much better! Playing on normal as suggested.
Stuck in the Mechanical age.
SpoilerShow
I've beaten the boss after using 4 elements, gone back to fortress, but cannot find a way out.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Were you able to find the Mechanical Age book?
SpoilerShow
The Mechanical Age Book is retrieved from the Ratling Boos fight. Simply put it back on the Bookshelf Alcove inside the fortress and you can return to Myst Island.
FennerMachine

Post by FennerMachine »

Found it.
SpoilerShow
I tried all sorts in that alcove! Didn't think of that.