[MOD] Bloodwych remake - The Rise of Zendik

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
severgates

Re: [MOD] The Rise of Zendik (Bloodwych 16Bit Remake)

Post by severgates »

fazzasx wrote:Just tried to do it myself in the exported dungeon but I cant recreate the problem.

If you can detail exactly what steps you did to make this happen I will attempt to recreate it.

Thanks for reporting this
Tried to save while having one hero in party (recruited mage Zothen) and crash happened.
Strange but I tried to save while having zero heroes in party just after entering into recruitment area and it was ok (didn't encountered crash)
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

severgates wrote:
fazzasx wrote:Just tried to do it myself in the exported dungeon but I cant recreate the problem.

If you can detail exactly what steps you did to make this happen I will attempt to recreate it.

Thanks for reporting this
Tried to save while having one hero in party (recruited mage Zothen) and crash happened.
Strange but I tried to save while having zero heroes in party just after entering into recruitment area and it was ok (didn't encountered crash)

Just tried it myself but I cant get it to happen.

I started a new game, went to new recruitment area, recruited Zothen, saved the game, nothing happened. I also moved Zothen around in different slots and saved the game and it did not crash.

I will upload the newer version containing the updates, would it be possible for you to upload a video to youtube to show me it as it happens? It might be some settings you have in your Grimrock that I might not have. So if I could see what Graphics options, custom dungeon options you have. Also, can you confirm you have the latest Grimrock patched version? Assume you probably do but let me know. I am keen to recreate this as I dont want anyone else to encounter it.

Simon
Zastaph
severgates

Post by severgates »

PM sent with error log
It's very strange, but I remember that crash also happened while I've played older version (2.8 I think) and I've encountered it every time I've tried to make a save in recruitment area regardless of number of recruited heroes. Maybe it's a problem with my machine?
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

severgates wrote:PM sent with error log
It's very strange, but I remember that crash also happened while I've played older version (2.8 I think) and I've encountered it every time I've tried to make a save in recruitment area regardless of number of recruited heroes. Maybe it's a problem with my machine?

Latest last version I have installed is v1.3.7 as per below sites

http://www.grimrock.net/2013/02/13/lege ... ate-1-3-7/

http://www.grimrock.net/patch/

Its possibly your version. I have tried to make it crash but it wont do it for me so far.

Note that references to 2.1.8 are for Grimrock 2. I tried to load this in LOG2 and it failed so I cant see that you would be doing that.
Zastaph
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

Ok located error

It happened to me as I stood in front of the portrait and had the gui displayed.

I will sort this out tonight but thanks for pointing this out.
Zastaph
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

Right, I have now resolved the error and I am currently uploading v3.3 to Nexus Mods. Please test and let me know how you get on.

Thanks again for all your help with this. I would never have otherwise noticed it.
Zastaph
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

severgates wrote:Hi fazzasx.
Thx for replies

Q2. Version 3.0 will be compatible with earlier versions? Or I must start a new game?
A2. This is sadly not possible so far. I could send you a custom version that starts you with the party you had and skills if that helps? I can do that for anyone else caught in the update problem. Let me know.

It's not a problem, I'll start new game with a new party.

Q4. Where is mortal and pestle?
This is now in 2 locations on the main tower (appologies for it not being there)

Thx, during my first gameplay it wasn't a problem (Healing Crystals have defined quick refresh rate), but I was curious about its location

I've also noticed, that recruited heroes have automatically distributed skillpoints. Maybe you could change it- it would be nice to have an oportunity to distribute skillpoints myself (I really don't want my mage having 7 points in spellcraft at the start).

Anyway, thx for your support. I'll write another feedback after playing Serpent's Tower.

Regards.

EDIT: Encountered crash while saving in new recuitment area

Hi Severgates,

I forgot to address your other question regaring the distribution of skills?

I've also noticed, that recruited heroes have automatically distributed skillpoints. Maybe you could change it- it would be nice to have an oportunity to distribute skillpoints myself (I really don't want my mage having 7 points in spellcraft at the start).

So I could provide a the choice of skillpoints for the Champions in the new recruitment area but leave as is in the older one?

Let me know your thoughts on this one

Thanks
Zastaph
kenfusion

Post by kenfusion »

In the chaos tower level 2 after opening the shop door and walking away the game crashes. No error message I am afraid just black screen and then a drop to the desktop. I recreated the error several times, however if I don't interact with the shop I am able to progress upstairs ok without a problem.
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

kenfusion wrote:In the chaos tower level 2 after opening the shop door and walking away the game crashes. No error message I am afraid just black screen and then a drop to the desktop. I recreated the error several times, however if I don't interact with the shop I am able to progress upstairs ok without a problem.

Thanks Kenfusion,

I have resolved this now and the shop works as it should do. Version 3.4 is uploading to Nexus now.

Thankyou so much for running through this and reporting what you find. Do let me know how you get on in the rest of the towers. Note that the Chaos Tower is one of the most mind bending of all the Towers. I hope you find it ok.

Take care.

Simon
Zastaph
severgates

Post by severgates »

fazzasx wrote:
severgates wrote:Hi fazzasx.
Thx for replies

Q2. Version 3.0 will be compatible with earlier versions? Or I must start a new game?
A2. This is sadly not possible so far. I could send you a custom version that starts you with the party you had and skills if that helps? I can do that for anyone else caught in the update problem. Let me know.

It's not a problem, I'll start new game with a new party.

Q4. Where is mortal and pestle?
This is now in 2 locations on the main tower (appologies for it not being there)

Thx, during my first gameplay it wasn't a problem (Healing Crystals have defined quick refresh rate), but I was curious about its location

Anyway, thx for your support. I'll write another feedback after playing Serpent's Tower.

Regards.

EDIT: Encountered crash while saving in new recuitment area

Hi Severgates,

I forgot to address your other question regaring the distribution of skills?

So I could provide a the choice of skillpoints for the Champions in the new recruitment area but leave as is in the older one?

Let me know your thoughts on this one

Thanks

Hi
It's excellent idea, but I think you should tell the players that they'll be able to redistribute skill points in new recruitment area and they won't in old area. An inscription on a wall or a note left on a floor with a short info should be sufficient info.
I[ve just downloaded 3.4 version and will check out whether crash in recruitment area occurs or not.

Merry Xmas

Edit: I've been able to save without a crash.