Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Jaberwoke

Re: Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.3)

Post by Jaberwoke »

Azel wrote:Hiya Jaberwoke,

Nope, not a bug. The Ratlings Battle (GobHobblers Den) has been altered for the final release. I received quite a bit of feedback regarding the original version found in the demo, so I limited the triggering for the pressure plates in that room, and also added features that make it completely possible to achieve victory purely through "melee" attacks. The previous version was releasing the Rat Bosses too soon, and greatly limiting the fighting to ranged only.

The current version makes the battle more manageable and enjoyable (hopefully lol)

:mrgreen:
Thanks, Azel. Not sure I understand your thinking though. I didn't have a problem with melee attacks in the demo and you got to choose when the bosses were released? I'll try and work out your change.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Hiya,

I received some feedback (somewhere in this thread) that users were forced to perform ranged only attacks, and in cases where a projectile landed on a pressure plate (which can happen due to the knife throwing rats), users were ending up prematurely fighting a Ratling Boss that they were not ready to combat. However, in this update, there is a way that you can still choose which boss to engage in by having them "come out." It just works different than before.

Hint:
SpoilerShow
There are now breakable walls in the room that lead to a wall switch. If you press the wall switch, the ratling comes out to fight you.
However, since there were 2 major updates to this battle perhaps I only need one (the strategy I put in the hint). I will consider updating this battle to once again allow the pressure plates to trigger from an Item; but I will wait to get more feedback from you first. Let me know! :mrgreen:
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Azel wrote:Hiya,

I received some feedback (somewhere in this thread) that users were forced to perform ranged only attacks, and in cases where a projectile landed on a pressure plate (which can happen due to the knife throwing rats), users were ending up prematurely fighting a Ratling Boss that they were not ready to combat. However, in this update, there is a way that you can still choose which boss to engage in by having them "come out." It just works different than before.

Hint:
SpoilerShow
There are now breakable walls in the room that lead to a wall switch. If you press the wall switch, the ratling comes out to fight you.
However, since there were 2 major updates to this battle perhaps I only need one (the strategy I put in the hint). I will consider updating this battle to once again allow the pressure plates to trigger from an Item; but I will wait to get more feedback from you first. Let me know! :mrgreen:
Thanks. I'd worked it out.
pstair

Post by pstair »

Great to see that this mod has been completed, I remember playing an earlier iteration a few months back.

Enjoy the free bump, will make a post after completing the mod :D
Azel

Post by Azel »

Hiya, thanks! I hope you enjoy the full version. I certainly enjoyed making it.
billb52

Post by billb52 »

Hi Azel loving your MOD but I have problem with the Aquatic Chamber puzzle, a little help would be appreciated
SpoilerShow
I have tried operating floor triggers thinking that triggers 1 - 8 and 9 -12 to be activated giving 135 degrees as I thought 1 - 8 would
be classed as 90 degrees, 9 - 16 as 90 degrees and so on when all are activated it would be 360 degrees, but nothing seems to happen
am I thinking wrong here?, if so pls HELP!
Once again Fantastic MOD!
Azel

Post by Azel »

Hiya! Yes I think that is likely the hardest puzzle in the Mod due to the Math associated, and activation button.

Here is the answer:
SpoilerShow
In original Myst, there was a compass device with 32 buttons. In Mystrock it is a room with 32 floor plates.

The hint is the 135th degree for the Scope (out of a possible 360 degrees).

The formula becomes 135/360 * 32 = 12

Place something on the 12th Pressure Plate and then click the nearby Wall Button (large hidden button).
Stoneship is my favorite of all the Ages in Mystrock. Enjoy, and thanks for playing!
billb52

Post by billb52 »

Hi Azel Once again stuck at the Bastion Prison with the floor plates, I have the note that says 'Draft for pattern 158'
I have tried many combinations to no avail! My maths is not a strong point! could you please hint/help.
many thx.
PS. Thx for help with Aquatic Chamber.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Hey you're close to the end, cool :D

Here ya go:
SpoilerShow
The original graphic for Pattern 158 in Myst:
http://mystrock.com/images/page158.jpg

The Mystrock room with that Pattern:
http://mystrock.com/images/pattern158_room.jpg

Simply place an item on each of the Pressure Plates that correspond with the dark/shaded square on the Pattern. From Left to Right, facing North.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Howdy folks. For those interested, I am working on some updates for the Holidays:

1) Adding the "Secrets" stats to the game so that players can track the total number of secrets available
2) A handful of new spells thanks to AndakRainor, http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9579
3) Updates to the Selenitic Age to make it less "vanilla"
4) Updates to the final battles to make them more intriguing/challenging

I'll also be reviewing feedback given to me via this thread, NexusMods, and privately to determine what I can include as an update as well. Any other suggestions welcome.

In other news, I am pleasantly surprised by the slow yet steady increase of downloads for this Mod. With the release of Fallout 4, I was anticipating little to no Modding activity over the Holidays. I'm glad to see gamers are still enjoying the Grimrock universe; in spite of all the new games coming out, I find myself loading Grimrock at least once a week, if not more.

Cheers!