Future plans for Grimrock development?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
any6

Re: Future plans for Grimrock development?

Post by any6 »

Isaac wrote: That can exempt you from some awesome content. You won't know what you're missing sometimes. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxkJxhH ... 5ubUbq7BDm
I know :( But it's like (18+)
SpoilerShow
that bi-mfm threesome my wife begs me for
I just don't like it, even though I know I'm missing out on something great. If I could change myself gamewise, it'd be that I'd enjoy mods.
petri wrote:At the moment new content is not in the works. Juho and I are currently helping our friends at Remedy to finish their new game so there's no time to plan new projects at the moment. The gig lasts until the end of this year. Meanwhile the other guys are taking it easy and at least Antti is working on a small game called Flinger on his own. Starting next year I should have more time to start thinking about the next project. We'll definitely let you know when we ourselves know what's the next big thing! :)
Enjoy the break, you most certainly deserve it. Thanks for informing us, now I can stop checking the blog every few days. Made a reminder for 1 februari.

I will be here when the next release is dropped, don't worry.
Azel

Post by Azel »

any6 wrote:I don't play mods, it's just not my cup of tea.
That's crazy talk. You should at least go play mine for LoG2 at Mystrock.com :P

I know what you mean though. I never played Mods for any game until Grimrock 1 & 2. There's something unique about the Grimrock world that puts a heavier emphasis on Mods than most other games, imo
any6

Post by any6 »

Azel wrote:
any6 wrote:I don't play mods, it's just not my cup of tea.
That's crazy talk. You should at least go play mine for LoG2 at Mystrock.com :P

I know what you mean though. I never played Mods for any game until Grimrock 1 & 2. There's something unique about the Grimrock world that puts a heavier emphasis on Mods than most other games, imo
I would actually play Grimrock 1 remake in the Grimrock 2 engine. The main thing that sucks in LoG1 is the level system. LoG2 is vastly superior imho. Is anyone building such a mod?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

any6 wrote:I would actually play Grimrock 1 remake in the Grimrock 2 engine. The main thing that sucks in LoG1 is the level system. LoG2 is vastly superior imho. Is anyone building such a mod?
IRRC, Petri specifically asked that that one not be made; as it could directly impact the sales of LoG1.
Firia

Post by Firia »

petri wrote:At the moment new content is not in the works. ... We'll definitely let you know when we ourselves know what's the next big thing! :)
Got any rough ideas bouncing around in those brains of yours? And how soon would you like me to deliver all my monies for it? ;)
afettouhi

Post by afettouhi »

Any plans on making LoG 2 available on SteamOS/Linux now that the first Steam Machines are coming out in a few weeks?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

afettouhi wrote:Any plans on making LoG 2 available on SteamOS/Linux now that the first Steam Machines are coming out in a few weeks?
Hard to tell. Unless Steam Machines manage to push Linux a LOT up as "Popular OS" in Steam's Hardware Survey (current rating: 0.94%) and at least near or past OS X' current 3.23% i would not consider it worth the investment. Also as AH experienced this year an external port can be risky when new bugs emerge due to new hardware/software features; it took months to find somebody able to fix the Maxwell issue for LoG 1 on Linux.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

<Subliminal Message>You know you want to develop a nice, "little" 4 hour side-story DLC for LOG2...</Msg>
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Firia

Post by Firia »

petri wrote:We'll definitely let you know when we ourselves know what's the next big thing! :)
Just a quick question on impressions- I understand nothing is in development, and nothing is set in stone. Hell, LoG3 could just be a hope and dream of the community for 20 years!

Do you think a LoG3 game would retain much of the feeling of the first two games? The almost Myst-like isolation, and classic gameplay? Or do you feel the crew has a desire to depart from the norm it has created? Just looking for impressions. :)
afettouhi

Post by afettouhi »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
afettouhi wrote:Any plans on making LoG 2 available on SteamOS/Linux now that the first Steam Machines are coming out in a few weeks?
Hard to tell. Unless Steam Machines manage to push Linux a LOT up as "Popular OS" in Steam's Hardware Survey (current rating: 0.94%) and at least near or past OS X' current 3.23% i would not consider it worth the investment. Also as AH experienced this year an external port can be risky when new bugs emerge due to new hardware/software features; it took months to find somebody able to fix the Maxwell issue for LoG 1 on Linux.
So the linux version of LoG 1 is unmaintained ATM or has the one fixing Maxwell bug taken over maintaining LoG 1? But would you be interested in and external Linux port if the porter was willing to support it afterwards?