Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
andyroosta

Re: Legend of Mystrock (Demo Ver 2.9.0 complete)

Post by andyroosta »

Looks great...thanks again for making it!
Komag

Re: Legend of Mystrock (Demo Ver 2.9.0 complete)

Post by Komag »

Indeed, it's very good looking, and very unique compared to other Grimrock 2 pics, it has its own "flavor" :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Azel

Re: Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.0)

Post by Azel »

Thanks! I just uploaded the original post to reflect the new file for the full version of the Game.

Special thanks to Drakkan for giving me some great feedback; I made some last minute tweaks based on his recommendations. :mrgreen:

Version 1.0 is now available to this community. After about a week or so I will push it to Steam and NexusMods.
Torst

Post by Torst »

Thx too for this mod.Take a look right now.
Azel

Post by Azel »

For those on the current version, a few minor known issues:

1) There is a "floating ruins" in one of the Stoneship Areas. This is just a visual bug that is being fixed.

2) In the Mechanical Age, the "Earth Beacon" is missing its Connector; so to complete this Puzzle be sure to place the Fire, Water, or Air Essences last, as they will activate the proper puzzle script. If you place the Earth Essence last nothing will happen, in which case you simply need to go back and take a Fire/Water/Air Essence "off" and then put it "back on"

So nothing "game breaking" (yet) but I'm fixing these right now and updating to the download link to the latest version.
Azel

Re: Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.2)

Post by Azel »

There will be a final update to the game later tonight. Then I will upload to both Steam and NexusMods. Again, extra special thanks to Drakkan for fully play testing this Mod, beginning to end. Regardless of what version you are on, there are no game breaking bugs; all of the updates I am doing are purely for cosmetic adjustments and adding a few more minor "hints" in the game (mostly via Wall Text).

So unless someone else reports an issue, version 1.3 will be the final version for awhile. I will likely provide an update around Christmas time (adding new spells, items, etc), purely to enhance the Mod and offer a tiny bit of replayability for those interested (or bored lol).

Thanks all.

:mrgreen:
Drakkan

Re: Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.3)

Post by Drakkan »

It took me 11 hours with new party with some hints from Azel, so real gametime is really around 15 hours I suppose.

This mod is HUGE and some places (especially boss fights) are quite challenging. As for the level design some places are really well done and you will be nice suprised with all the architecture around or some fine ideas like water breathing etc... On the other side some places feel just stupid (simple maze filled just with monsters)

The worst part for me was the start, because as a player I was really confused what to do and concentration of puzzles within one level was just enormous. But after that it got just better.
The finale was REALLY challenging speaking of difficulty, just one tough battle after another, which sounds silly, but suprisingly I was enjoying it the most from the whole level, maybe because there was no real fight challenge before. But I am considering myself as hardcore player, so its ok.
As for the puzzles, again some puzzles are original and cool while some other are...lets say boring. But in dungeon of such a huge size I do not expect everything will be top notch.
Generally I feel mod should be a little shorter but more polished in some ways. I think some new custom spells would help here, as Azel noted it will be done in the future which will be cool.

I definitely recomend this mod to any player who like Log, because in such a manner you cannot be dissapointed. It still need some polishing, but I know you have invested tons of time into this level and it is visible in the end. Thanks for your time and this fine mod.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Azel

Post by Azel »

Cool. And I will definitely incorporate any feedback provided by others going forward as well.

A quick note:

This is a recreation of Myst so those elements that are a direct reflection of that game likely won't change. Such as the start of the game that is a big Island filled with puzzles and levers. That's just how the Myst game starts, one big confusing area that slowly pieces itself together over time. And the underground maze filled with monsters, that is also a direct copy of the maze in original Myst. The only difference is that my Maze has monsters lol, but the Maze layout is exactly the same as the maze in Myst.

Lastly, I plan to put together some Lure and side-by-side comparisons of this Mod vs the original Myst game. It should help shine a spotlight on certain puzzles and regions.

Thanks again for playing!
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Not sure if this is a bug.
SpoilerShow
I'm in the GobHobbler's Den and, after defeating the ratlings placing an item on the pressure plates does not open the wall for the boss. Only by my group standing on it does it open but the boss doesn't come out.. I'm sure that was different in the demo?
Azel

Post by Azel »

Hiya Jaberwoke,

Nope, not a bug. The Ratlings Battle (GobHobblers Den) has been altered for the final release. I received quite a bit of feedback regarding the original version found in the demo, so I limited the triggering for the pressure plates in that room, and also added features that make it completely possible to achieve victory purely through "melee" attacks. The previous version was releasing the Rat Bosses too soon, and greatly limiting the fighting to ranged only.

The current version makes the battle more manageable and enjoyable (hopefully lol)

:mrgreen: