Corrupted Save File

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
mailman985

Corrupted Save File

Post by mailman985 »

A few days ago, I was in the middle of a run to get the insane ironman achievement. I've been playing for about 4 hours or so without saving, and decided to do so after I was done for the day. I went to a save crystal and hit save, but almost immediately after I hit save, the power went out at my house. Luckily (or so I thought) I saw the words "Game saved" at the bottom of the screen, so the save was alright, right? No, when I checked the game after the power came back on, there was a save slot that says "ERROR: invalid save type" in place of my save game. I decided to check online for a solutions, but I have not found this problem, so I posted on this forum. Is there any way to recover my file, so I don't have to repeat the four hours that I've lost? I still have the file, so any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
minmay

Re: Corrupted Save File

Post by minmay »

Sounds like power was interrupted while the save file was being written to disk. It's not meaningfully possible to recover the save from that, so you will have to repeat those four hours (or more, if you overwrote a previous save).
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
mailman985

Re: Corrupted Save File

Post by mailman985 »

minmay wrote:Sounds like power was interrupted while the save file was being written to disk. It's not meaningfully possible to recover the save from that, so you will have to repeat those four hours (or more, if you overwrote a previous save).
Okay, that will, be a pain, but thanks for the quick response