Welcome!

Announcements and discussion regarding the forums.
Daght

Re: Welcome!

Post by Daght »

You have done a great work, i'm on the 9th level with 12h of gameplay!
I'm waiting for more to come... go on! :D
If we do not end the war, the war will end us.
Darschie

Post by Darschie »

Yo guys! beatiful game ! 8-)
BarryBGB

Post by BarryBGB »

I first started with the Zork Series text games and played the Amiga version of Dungeon Master, EOTB and similar games of that genre. I simply loved Dungeon Master and only just a few months ago, located a download to play Dungeon Master on my Windows machine. Even though the resolution was like the original, it was still Dungeon Master.

I was playing it when I read about LoG. After looking at the clips, I knew it was what I really wanted. Wow, a Dungeon Crawler with great graphics as well? I had to have it!
I have been wondering for years now why no one has made a new game like the Dungeon Crawlers of the past.

I pre-ordered right away and downloaded it on release day.

My friends have asked me why I play these types of games when my system is a top of the line X79 Sabertooth, i7 3930K, 32G of Ram, 2 GTX680 video cards in SLI, 7 240G SSD's, etc, etc and I just tell them that I really prefer these types of games.
Of course, with my system I can play any game out there and do sometimes but 90% of my playing is on these types of games.

If you keep making these types of games, you have a customer for life. :D
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Hey BarryBGB,

Wow great news, glad to hear from you! :P

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
darxide

Post by darxide »

Posting because I've been accused of being a spambot!

So... hi!
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

darxide wrote:Posting because I've been accused of being a spambot!

So... hi!
Hah! You were not accused. It is a security measure, that I reach out to folks who register and have 0 posts. So I like to reach out. If you recall, I said, just reply to the message or come to the welcome forum and introduce yourself. :)

So since you went the route of the welcome forum - Well, welcome to the forums!
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
soup238

Post by soup238 »

So... hi!
I hadn't been registered on sight for 30 mins max when I received a rude post from a MOD complaining I hadn't made any posts, when I had already sent a PM out just not to him. seems they think everyone here is a bot if they do not post constantly.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

soup238 wrote:

So... hi!
I hadn't been registered on sight for 30 mins max when I received a rude post from a MOD complaining I hadn't made any posts, when I had already sent a PM out just not to him. seems they think everyone here is a bot if they do not post constantly.
It got really [really] bad a few months ago... They had to crack down on it. The forums would gain page after page of spam posts in minutes, and be offline for days.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

soup238 wrote:
So... hi!
First, there's nothing about posting "constantly." However, a single post can generally tell me if someone's a spambot or not. My intention was not to be rude. As noted by Isaac, there was a very serious issue with spambots.

And your reply to me in the PM had said you made a post, but one I couldn't see. (Which as a moderator, is impossible, since I have access to all the forums) and also even if you make a post that someone can't see, if this had "hidden" forums, your post count would still increase, whether someone could see the post or not.

This is the "Welcome" message I sent to all people with 0 posts (so you were not alone in getting this message - "Gradunk2" also got it and explained their situation!) - it just happened to be shortly after you joined that I sent it out:

As someone who has 0 posts on the forum; consider introducing yourself at the "Welcome" thread, to prevent pruning at some future date (with those with "0" posts).

viewtopic.php?p=6#p6

We'd love to hear why you enjoy LOG/LOGII.

- Sir Tawmis
Moderator of the Grimrock forums

In the future, I will make it more clear and mention, if you had recently registered, that it's a blanket message to all people with "0" posts, to prevent any confusion.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Zps1970

Post by Zps1970 »

Hello

I was playing Grimrock 1 and I enjoyed it a lot. Many years ago I played Dungeon Master and this game reminded me a lot.

Best
Markus