Welcome!

Announcements and discussion regarding the forums.
DeckerZ

Re: Welcome!

Post by DeckerZ »

Hi Guys, I'm an 80's RPG gamer, Knightmare, Dungeon Master, Legend of Skullkeep etc. When I discovered Grimrock I couldn't believe my luck, and to get a level editor. I love it..
Starspawn

Post by Starspawn »

Hi Guys,

Paul from South Australia. Playing iOS version.
LordJ

Post by LordJ »

I'm posting here to introduce myself so I'm not identified as a spambot.
I love LoG but have yet to finish it.
I'd like to give it another go and try to persist to the end.

LordJ
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Zps1970 wrote:Hello
I was playing Grimrock 1 and I enjoyed it a lot. Many years ago I played Dungeon Master and this game reminded me a lot.
Best
Markus
A lot of people have made that same connection to Dungeon Master. It's nice to have that game "reborn" in Grimrock (and be just as fun, if not funner!)
DeckerZ wrote:Hi Guys, I'm an 80's RPG gamer, Knightmare, Dungeon Master, Legend of Skullkeep etc. When I discovered Grimrock I couldn't believe my luck, and to get a level editor. I love it..
The Level Editor is sweet - and some people have made some very amazing custom dungeons!
Starspawn wrote:Hi Guys,
Paul from South Australia. Playing iOS version.
How do you enjoy playing on the iOS? I have it both for PC and iOS - because, well, you can never have enough Grimrock - but definitely prefer it on the PC.
LordJ wrote:I'm posting here to introduce myself so I'm not identified as a spambot.
I love LoG but have yet to finish it.
I'd like to give it another go and try to persist to the end.
LordJ
LOG is rough - I got to the end, and forgot about the sword... so... that was painful. And thanks for replying over here! :) I know I am a pain, but I just like to make sure the forums are legit. (As you can see, I sent that email to several people - not just you!) Some replied with direct messages to let me know they're not spambots, others like you (and the others I quoted) came here. :)
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Hi. I registered intending to ask for help on an issue I was having with the LoGII editor (I forget what it was off the top of my head but I think it was certain floor types not counting as valid landing spots for pits or something like that) but never did because I figured it out right after confirming my account.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Alice wrote:Hi. I registered intending to ask for help on an issue I was having with the LoGII editor (I forget what it was off the top of my head but I think it was certain floor types not counting as valid landing spots for pits or something like that) but never did because I figured it out right after confirming my account.
Hey Alice - thanks for the PM and for posting. :) It's cool that you figured out the LOGII editor on your own (it can be pretty complex and we have amassed an amazing amount of folks who have a great talent for the LOG Editors). Since you figured out your own question - feel free to hang around - maybe you could help answer someone's question! :D
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
johnnyboy700

Post by johnnyboy700 »

Anti Spambot post

Long time gamer (original Dungeon Master on an Atari ST led me here) started with a ZX Spectrum in 1984 and currently have Grimrock 1 & 2. Played about 3 hours of G1 and it reminded me how many countless hours I spent with DM, even though I know why they did it I still feel slightly cheated that the dragon didn't have wings.

now I just need to find time to crowbar in some G1 game time... ;)
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

johnnyboy700 wrote:Anti Spambot post
Thank you for taking the time to post here. :)
johnnyboy700 wrote: Long time gamer (original Dungeon Master on an Atari ST led me here) started with a ZX Spectrum in 1984 and currently have Grimrock 1 & 2. Played about 3 hours of G1 and it reminded me how many countless hours I spent with DM, even though I know why they did it I still feel slightly cheated that the dragon didn't have wings.
now I just need to find time to crowbar in some G1 game time... ;)
It's funny - I put down LOG2 for awhile... recently came back to it... and realized, LOG2 has been out for (a little over) 3 years now and I haven't finished it!

The difficult thing with putting LOG down for awhile is - a lot of the game is not linear - which you'd think is great. But when you've not played it for a year and come back - it's insanely difficult to remember what you've done and what you haven't done - and why you're standing in the last spot you saved... :lol:
Celery the witch

Post by Celery the witch »

Hi everyone! I'm posting here to show that I'm not a spam bot.
My mod for LoG2 will (hopefully) be finished soon. I created an account now in case I will have questions, until now I was able to find everything I needed myself, but who knows. Hope to stay in this awesome forum for a long (and fun) time!
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Celery the witch wrote:Hi everyone! I'm posting here to show that I'm not a spam bot.
My mod for LoG2 will (hopefully) be finished soon. I created an account now in case I will have questions, until now I was able to find everything I needed myself, but who knows. Hope to stay in this awesome forum for a long (and fun) time!
Thanks for coming over! There's a LOG2 Custom Mod section which you can begin advertising your LOG2 Mod!