Welcome!

Announcements and discussion regarding the forums.
telgor

Re: Welcome!

Post by telgor »

Hey folks. Pre-ordered and can't wait! So glad to be aboard :)
kdar

Post by kdar »

Hello. I am new on here, but been watching site for a while already.

I am using Linux, and I am wondering if I will preorder, will I able to install Linux version when it will come out?
BigRob154

Post by BigRob154 »

Hey there. Just pre-ordered but i'm on a Mac. Maybe it runs w/ Wine or Bootcamp. Let's hope ;)
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

Hi. I discovered this game through TotalBiscuit's video. I'm not in the habit of preordering games. In fact, I've never done it before, and had firmly decided not to after my first proper look at people preordering (civilisation 5) ended infamously. By a few minutes in, I'd not only decided that I was getting the game, but my difficulty and mapping settings! (Normal and no automap, if you're interested). I'm not sure exactly what it is about the footage I saw that convinced me, but I've been playing Oblivion and Skyrim lately, and the combination of the puzzles, the interface (drag and drop just seems so...obvious after playing TES!), and the hand touches that show it's been hand made (the 'no weapons' area and the pressure plate near the end of the video, that released the three undead), attracted me.

I'm too young to have experienced games like this originally, and the idea of mapping my progress also seemed very fun. I play Dungeons and Dragons, and adventure gamebooks, both of which often involve mapping things out, but I'd really like to do it in a game. Plus, that way I can actually label the different rooms as I want, rather than relying on my memory of what they contain (I assume).

I may not post much on this forum, but I'm looking forward excitedly for the 11th!
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

Enjoy the game bro. A little tip, though- the game's automap allows you to make notes on it as well. Just throwing it out there!
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

Fair enough, and thanks for the tip. I'm still going to map it out by hand, though!
moyako

Post by moyako »

Hi there. I found info about this game a couple of weeks ago, and I'm really eager to play it. I'll pre-order it tomorrow, if paypal it's in good mood :lol:
Arctor

Post by Arctor »

BigRob154 wrote:Hey there. Just pre-ordered but i'm on a Mac. Maybe it runs w/ Wine or Bootcamp. Let's hope ;)
The hardware test ran really well on my MacBook Pro via Bootcamp. I'm hopeful for the game itself to do the same. :)
Intrinsic

Post by Intrinsic »

Hi from me too!

pre-ordered last week, and i got another 4 or 5 todo so also, maybe more! Looking forward to giving this a go as me n my brother have very fond memories of playing EoTB on our Amigas.

Intrinsic
MysteryOne

Post by MysteryOne »

Hi devs and the community!

Good game, keep up the great work, my fellow countrymen. As for the others, have fun. ;)