No Email Notification anymore

Announcements and discussion regarding the forums.
THOM

No Email Notification anymore

Post by THOM »

Is it only me?

Even I have enabled notifications via email I do not get any email since the forum update.

Is that a bug or have I missed something important?
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Re: No Email Notification anymore

Post by lostsol »

I probably should have mention this a while back, but shortly after the site update I had forgotten my password and used the 'I forgot my password' option but never received an email to reset it. I also tried contacting the admin but got no response. I eventually figured out my password so I just let it go. I also noticed that the newest forum member has been the newest member since the site update.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Interesting. I will see if I can get a hold of one of them to check the back end.

I Admin another forum (over at sierrahelp.com/forums) - and if they're in need of another admin, I'd be willing to help keep the ship afloat here.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
antti

Post by antti »

Allll righty! Thanks for the heads up again, Sir Tawmis. :) It looks like our regular mail host didn't like it being used for automated emailing so I got us a dedicated service for sending the forum emails. At least I got a test email to go through now but if someone else can verify it working as well, it would be cool. 8-)
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

antti wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:25 am Allll righty! Thanks for the heads up again, Sir Tawmis. :) It looks like our regular mail host didn't like it being used for automated emailing so I got us a dedicated service for sending the forum emails. At least I got a test email to go through now but if someone else can verify it working as well, it would be cool. 8-)
My pleasure. Confirmed with THOM that it's working for them; and I also got a email notification when THOM replied to my PM to them. So things seem to be in order.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.