Next Big Announcement?

Announcements and discussion regarding the forums.
Gaelen

Next Big Announcement?

Post by Gaelen »

Are you guys working on the next game?

When will be the next big announcement concerning the next game you guys will put out? Any ETAs?

Nothing really on the site since July 30 of last year :\
Zo Kath Ra

Re: Next Big Announcement?

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Will your next game require Windows 10?
petri

Post by petri »

We are not yet ready to announce a new project but I have been working on a new game engine called Shinobi for some time. It's using Direct3D 11 so it should work on Windows 7 and up. I hope that during this year this will turn into a new game project. Stay tuned!

My twitter account is @petrih3 if you want to hear the latest news first :)
eon

Post by eon »

petri wrote:We are not yet ready to announce a new project but I have been working on a new game engine called Shinobi for some time. It's using Direct3D 11 so it should work on Windows 7 and up. I hope that during this year this will turn into a new game project. Stay tuned!

My twitter account is @petrih3 if you want to hear the latest news first :)
Did you write your own engine or did you modify to your needs UE4, Cryengine, Unity... ?
petri

Post by petri »

Like the Grimrock engine, Shinobi is entirely written by me.
eon

Post by eon »

petri wrote:Like the Grimrock engine, Shinobi is entirely written by me.
Where can one learn to make an engine?

Could you tell us a bit more if you can:
Which language it is based?
Will it have support of DX12 or Vulcan?
Will you write particle simulation for the engine?
petri

Post by petri »

Sure! Shinobi is written in C++ and Lua. Currently I have a D3D 11 backend for rendering and a partially done OpenGL backend. DX12/Vulcan could be added later if needed but they are not in the plan at least not now. Particle systems similar to the ones in Grimrock are naturally supported. Maybe you meant something else with "particle simulation"?

I have actually no idea how people learn to code nowadays. I practiced on the Amiga (and C64 before that) but that's like over 25 years ago (yeah, I'm an old geezer). Keep practicing! :)
eon

Post by eon »

petri wrote:Sure! Shinobi is written in C++ and Lua. Currently I have a D3D 11 backend for rendering and a partially done OpenGL backend. DX12/Vulcan could be added later if needed but they are not in the plan at least not now. Particle systems similar to the ones in Grimrock are naturally supported. Maybe you meant something else with "particle simulation"?
Yes, particle system. Could you implement some new random rotations and brownian motion simulation so that new turbulent spell dynamics can be generated?
For example in Blender there are turbulent vector fields and brownian motion simulations. Could you write something similar for PS?
petri wrote: I have actually no idea how people learn to code nowadays. I practiced on the Amiga (and C64 before that) but that's like over 25 years ago (yeah, I'm an old geezer). Keep practicing! :)
Ok

And, could you give some hint about your next project? Will it be RPG as Grimmrock or other genre?
Even if it means some small crumbs of hints.
AbuYunus

Post by AbuYunus »

petri wrote:Like the Grimrock engine, Shinobi is entirely written by me.
Petri, would it be a security problem when you stream from time to time your work on twitch for example? it would be very interesting and i am sure you would have a lot of people watching/following you :-)