teleporter?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
RayB

teleporter?

Post by RayB »

I have created a large room with a column of teleporters in the middle stretching from North to South. When the party enters the room (from the West) and heads East to cross the room the teleporters keep bouncing the party back 2 tiles West. There are buttons on each side of the teleporter column which toggle the northmost teleporter allowing the party to get across at this point. This room also has a secret door (on the West side) leading off to another room full of monsters. The idea is: the party can open the secret door and do battle (and most likely die) or figure out how the room works and use the teleporters to their advantage. They can deactivate the Northmost teleporter, let the monsters out (Southwest corner), run to the North side and cross to the East side. There they can reactivate the Northmost teleporter trapping the monsters on the Wast side of the room. (Wheu...)

The problem is ...
Although the teleporters seem to work somewhat to transport the monsters back West 2 tiles, sometimes the monsters are able to walk through he teleporters. Can anyone explain this? The teleporters are all set up correctly but they all seem to let a monster through once in a while.

A thought...
I have given most of my entities an ID name. Could this be slowing the cpu down any?
minmay

Re: teleporter?

Post by minmay »

Monsters can't teleport into squares that contain the party or another monster.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.