LoG iPad interface

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
J. Trudel

LoG iPad interface

Post by J. Trudel »

I think that having a minimalist interface (only the characters life, energy and weapons) and being able to use swipe gestures to move around would be a major improvement over the big cumbersome interface that takes the whole bottom of the screen.

Anyone agree ?

Also, can't wait to play LoG on the go.
The Lurker
Kukulcan

Re: LoG iPad interface

Post by Kukulcan »

I would have agreed until I played it on iPad and it just works smoothly with the "big cumbersome" interface.

The swiping works OK for Coldfire Keep but it would rather be needed for iPhone if at all.
J. Trudel

Post by J. Trudel »

Kukulcan wrote:I would have agreed until I played it on iPad and it just works smoothly with the "big cumbersome" interface.

The swiping works OK for Coldfire Keep but it would rather be needed for iPhone if at all.
I do have to admit that the big interface do work good, I especially love how they improved the inventory menu. I would still love to use sweep gesture to move around as it feel so natural, and as a plus the dungeon would be bigger in the screen. Not to mention that the game would be easy to play with just one hand. :-)
The Lurker
Komag

Post by Komag »

I imagine having the dungeon smaller on the screen actually helped some with performance ;)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
J. Trudel

Post by J. Trudel »

Komag wrote:I imagine having the dungeon smaller on the screen actually helped some with performance ;)
I guess you are right, this would be why I have no problems running it on my iPad 2nd generation !
The Lurker
DaveMoeDee

Post by DaveMoeDee »

The iPad interface is great.

Sadly, the 'tablet mode' on Windows is horrible. Playing on a Surface Pro 3 requires to much effort as I fight with the UI. I really wish they would port a decent touch UI over.

It is sad how games with touch UIs on iOS tend to have crap touch UIs in Windows. Some need to be Windowed for touch to work well. Lame.
DaveMoeDee

Post by DaveMoeDee »

J. Trudel wrote:I think that having a minimalist interface (only the characters life, energy and weapons) and being able to use swipe gestures to move around would be a major improvement over the big cumbersome interface that takes the whole bottom of the screen.

Anyone agree ?

Also, can't wait to play LoG on the go.
Perhaps on a phone, where the screen is really small and large controls mean shrunken dungeons. I don't see this as an issue for an iPad.
Orac

Post by Orac »

DaveMoeDee wrote:The iPad interface is great.

Sadly, the 'tablet mode' on Windows is horrible. Playing on a Surface Pro 3 requires to much effort as I fight with the UI. I really wish they would port a decent touch UI over.

It is sad how games with touch UIs on iOS tend to have crap touch UIs in Windows. Some need to be Windowed for touch to work well. Lame.
I'm thinking of getting a Surface Pro 4, I'd like to play LOG2 on it, what are the main UI problems?

Would a third party app like this help?
"TouchMousePointer solves all these problems by making your touch screen into a track-pad that controls a standard cursor."
http://www.lovesummertrue.com/touchmousepointer/en-us/