Grimrock Detailed Mechanics Questions

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Lohengramm

Re: Grimrock Detailed Mechanics Questions

Post by Lohengramm »

minmay wrote:No, you will not have the same actual hit rate.
Well that is good to know. So there is no soft or hard cap on Accuracy, it always compares to enemy Evasion and enemy Evasion always rises enough to prevent Accuracy from being a triviality, at least for Maces and Minotaurs?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Well there might be a hard cap for Accuracy but you won't reach it with the skills and items available. The highest Accuracy i've yet managed to reach in LoG1 was 91 with a lvl 39 Toorum ;) so when you reach around 50 you are doing quite well.
Lohengramm

Post by Lohengramm »

3 more questions!

1. Do "Bow" skills like Quickshot apply to Crossbows?

2. Do spells like Fireburst gain power w/ investment in Fire Magic, or is it only talents like Greater Fireball that actually make you do more spell damage?

3. Are there any other skills besides weapon skills that provide a tangible benefit with each point added, not just at major breakpoints?

Thanks again for being so helpful.

edit: a 3rd question!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Lohengramm wrote:1. Do "Bow" skills like Quickshot apply to Crossbows?
Yes, they apply to sling, bow and and crossbow.
Lohengramm wrote:2. Do spells like Fireburst gain power w/ investment in Fire Magic ..
Yes.
Lohengramm wrote:3. Are there any other skills besides weapon skills that provide a tangible benefit with each point added, not just at major breakpoints?
Each class has one defence and one utility skill and they all have interesting things to offer but only at the breakpoints mentioned.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lohengramm

Post by Lohengramm »

Also, can I make the argument that because Maces boost only HP and Vitality instead of wasting stat points on Strength, they could actually be superior to Axes when considering the skill line as a whole? Swords skill line even wastes some points on Strength, but not all like Axes do, and offers +5 evasion and armor pierce special to make up for it...
Last edited by Lohengramm on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lohengramm

Post by Lohengramm »

Awesome.
Sure. Each class has one defence and one utility skill and they all have interesting things to offer.
I don't think you got what I was asking. I mean like, if you put points in Staff Defense on a Mage, do you gain anything for each point you add, or only at the specific breakpoints where it says stuff like Protection +1, Evasion +5, Light Armor Efficiency, etc...

edit: so I guess going from 15 to 50 in a magic school boosts basic spell damage by 100% or better, according to a test run in another thread... Willpower and Spellcraft do not have any effect on damage (not that they claim to, but good to note for thoroughness).
Last edited by Lohengramm on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

corrected myself above ..

Elemental damage increases with skill level regardless of breakpoints. This has been confirmed by tests.
Lohengramm

Post by Lohengramm »

Dr.Disaster wrote:corrected myself above ..
Thanks! So it sounds like only weapons and spell elements scale with each point invested. This is very important to know when trying to plan out a character ;)
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

My request might seem strange, but...
Tell me please how to stifle spitting fireballs demon's head in the passage indicated in the screenshot? I have discovered the hiding place and took out everything you need. I do not like the sound that is heard not only here but also about the descent to the seventh level.

The fact that I was once in the last time went there several times and it demon's head fell silent and it was quiet. And now I try to put different objects on the pressure plate, remove them, poking at different button on the walls and put the items in a alcove near the head. Nothing is impossible...

P. S. Sorry again for my "terrific" english. I sometimes use a translator, because my native language is Russian.
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

There is a hidden pressure plate between the entrance corridor and the pit. Just walk over it to silence the head.