Goromorg: Evil Monsters or Misunderstood Race?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Allanius2

Goromorg: Evil Monsters or Misunderstood Race?

Post by Allanius2 »

Are the Goromorg evil creatures merely imprisoning a destructive force or a race of intelligent beings who have dedicated their lives to keeping the Undying One from destroying the world and the other races that inhabit it? Where their attacks on the people sent to Mount Grimrock attempts to kill for the sake of killing or were they trying to prevent people from freeing the ancient evil?

Any thoughts on the Goromorg race?
Grimfan

Re: Goromorg: Evil Monsters or Misunderstood Race?

Post by Grimfan »

I think that depends a little bit on the direction the designers are taking the goromorgs in LoG2 (assuming they are in the game). If they are enemies one encounters during the game then I'd say they are evil. If not, you can potentially claim they are simply misunderstood. I think they venerate the cube as much as imprison it however, and their mindset is clearly unnatural and alien.

Just my two cents (or pennies or whatever).

Ha! Just realized when you asked this message. You have probably already made up your mind.
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

Grimfan wrote:I think that depends a little bit on the direction the designers are taking the goromorgs in LoG2 (assuming they are in the game). If they are enemies one encounters during the game then I'd say they are evil. If not, you can potentially claim they are simply misunderstood. I think they venerate the cube as much as imprison it however, and their mindset is clearly unnatural and alien.
Yes, that probably would shed some light on things.
Grimfan wrote:Ha! Just realized when you asked this message. You have probably already made up your mind.
Actually I hadn't and still haven't. I am hoping that the designers of LoG will respond and answer the question once and for all, but I think they'll let us make up our own minds.
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

I kinda hope AH doesn't shed any more light on the goromorg in grimrock2 =)
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..