I believe this game will reenergize the Genre

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
dbgager

I believe this game will reenergize the Genre

Post by dbgager »

When developers see the reactions, and support this game is receiving I believe more games of this type are going to be developed. It will be good for us game players.
Falkentyne

Re: I believe this game will reenergize the Genre

Post by Falkentyne »

Jeff Vogel is the only person who has been making true classic CRPG's to that point, and all of has has been topdown in the Ultima 5/7 format. I'd REALLY love to see what games could come out of a marriage of the Grimrock and Spiderweb groups...

I'd like an old 6 player party based RPG in the same vein as the original Bard's Tale (NOT the "9999 damage nukes of Bard's Tale II), and that brings back the sheer SPOOKINESS of being in those new dungeons.. Does anyone remember that feeling? That was something SOLELY missing from many RPG"s since then. BT2 didn't have it at all. BT3 didn't have it, but DID have an "epic" feel of needing to get revenge on an old foe, and trying to prevent the world from collapsing from a Mad God's rage....
HeavyMetalMonk

Post by HeavyMetalMonk »

Falkentyne wrote:Jeff Vogel is the only person who has been making true classic CRPG's to that point, and all of has has been topdown in the Ultima 5/7 format. I'd REALLY love to see what games could come out of a marriage of the Grimrock and Spiderweb groups...
That's not true, Basilisk Games put out the Eschalon series as well. I actually enjoy them more than Vogel's games.
LethalBlade

Post by LethalBlade »

HeavyMetalMonk wrote:Basilisk Games put out the Eschalon series as well. I actually enjoy them more than Vogel's games.
This. I'd say Eschalon and Grimrock are the 2 best indie CRPGs around.