Bonuses?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
PrinceCola

Bonuses?

Post by PrinceCola » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi. First post, joined today.

I was going to buy the game, but i was wondering about something...on GOG this has a lot of cool sounding bonuses like avatars and such : http://www.gog.com/game/legend_of_grimrock

But are these bonuses also included in the Steam version or only on the GOG version?

Dr.Disaster

Re: Bonuses?

Post by Dr.Disaster » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:25 pm

I'm not sure about what GOG calls "avatars" but in case they refer to custom character portraits there is a thread here (also on nexus i think) which offers a whole bunch of portraits to put into your installation.

The Steam version also has digital extras in form of manuals, concept art, dev pic and the main theme as MP3.

PrinceCola

Post by PrinceCola » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Dr.Disaster wrote:I'm not sure about what GOG calls "avatars" but in case they refer to custom character portraits there is a thread here (also on nexus i think) which offers a whole bunch of portraits to put into your installation.

The Steam version also has digital extras in form of manuals, concept art, dev pic and the main theme as MP3.
"Bonus content included for FREE with purchase: manual - 7 wallpapers - map -main music theme -12 avatars -2 dev team photos - 6 design sketches - 34 artworks"

I really want this extra content, but i find no info on it on steam.

Isaac

Post by Isaac » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:36 pm

Any bonus would be company specific. GoG offers a 37MB collection of art, dev photos and the soundtrack.

**Hang on... I have it on Steam (bought for the editor access); I'll look.

~Well, I have it, but since I never use Steam, I'm not really aware of where to find any bonuses or extra content offered; I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in my account. I suppose it's useful to get from Steam if you want access to the Steam Workshop mods, but I don't see any other incentive to bother. I'd go with GoG or buy direct from AH ~which gives you a standalone game and a Steam key to boot IIRC.

** The BUY link at the top right of the website.
Last edited by Isaac on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PrinceCola

Post by PrinceCola » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:43 pm

Isaac wrote:Any bonus would be company specific. GoG offers a 37MB collection of art, dev photos and the soundtrack.

I would be very grateful if you could do that.

Isaac

Post by Isaac » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:49 pm

PrinceCola wrote:
Isaac wrote:Any bonus would be company specific. GoG offers a 37MB collection of art, dev photos and the soundtrack.

If you have an idea how to check Steam, I'll check again.

PrinceCola

Post by PrinceCola » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Isaac wrote:
PrinceCola wrote:

If you have an idea how to check Steam, I'll check again.

Uh, not sure what you mean...find the game in the steam files and look for bonus content?

Isaac

Post by Isaac » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:00 pm

PrinceCola wrote:Uh, not sure what you mean...find the game in the steam files and look for bonus content?
Yeah probably... but like I said, I barely ever use Steam; so...
I looked at the page for the game in my account, and did not see any bonus content. I right clicked on the name and didn't see anything there either; I chose Properties, and saw nuthin' much.

If you know ~exactly~ where Steam usually lists any bonus/extras, then I will look there; no problem ;) .

As for GoG, this is what you see in your account if you have the game:

Includes the following digital extras: a beautifully crafted game manual, Legend of Grimrock world map, custom made grid paper, Grimrock theme music, art sheets illustrating foul creatures of Grimrock, and Almost Human team photo.
Last edited by Isaac on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrinceCola

Post by PrinceCola » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks for the help, think i will just buy it off GOG. It is cheaper than Steam anyway, 5 dollars.

Thanks again...cannot wait to get into the game.

Isaac

Post by Isaac » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Have fun; and check back when you are done, there are some great mods for this game.