Any mod for single/two char play

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
johnnysd

Any mod for single/two char play

Post by johnnysd »

One of the awesome elements of DM missing from LOG is the ability to start with 1 or 2 chars and play the game that way. You can let characters die but there is nobump in experience for a single player. Any mod to play this way?

It's a great game thoroughly loving it though I wish it had a more classless system like DM
JohnWordsworth

Re: Any mod for single/two char play

Post by JohnWordsworth »

There are a few custom dungeons that utilize champion swapping and the like and some essentially give you the option to play through with fewer champions.

For the main dungeon, you can achieve this effect through the console :). There are instructions for enabling the dev console here on the forums. With that enabled, you can just enter the following...

party:getChampion(3):setEnabled(false);
party:getChampion(4):setEnabled(false);

... as two separate commands, to turn off your two back row champions say.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
johnnysd

Post by johnnysd »

JohnWordsworth wrote:There are a few custom dungeons that utilize champion swapping and the like and some essentially give you the option to play through with fewer champions.

For the main dungeon, you can achieve this effect through the console :). There are instructions for enabling the dev console here on the forums. With that enabled, you can just enter the following...

party:getChampion(3):setEnabled(false);
party:getChampion(4):setEnabled(false);

... as two separate commands, to turn off your two back row champions say.

Thanks ! Does it agjust the experience distribution as well?
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Erm, I doubt it I'm afraid - so it will likely be pretty hardcore! However, you could manually give yourself a bit of XP at the end of level perhaps to make up for it. Maybe give each champion 500x the level you have just finished whenever you walk down stairs for the first time. Completely arbitrary, but fair I think!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
johnnysd

Post by johnnysd »

What is the command to add experience?
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

If you just want to add XP to a single character, then you can use:

Code: Select all

party:getChampion(<index>):gainExp(<XP>);
Replacing <index> with the slot that the character is in and <XP> with the number of XP you would like to grant. For example;

party:getChampion(1):gainExp(500);
Would give champion in slot 1 (the top left) 500 XP. You can just use this over and over for each of your characters. Alternatively, if you would like to give some XP to all characters at once, you can use...

for i=1,4 do party:getChampion(i):gainExp(<XP>); end
Replacing <XP> with the amount of experience you wish to give your champions.
GathOfBaal

Post by GathOfBaal »

I recently finished Grimrock on hard mode using one person with this method. I used a rogue minotaur and unarmed ability. It tended to get easy at the later levels, might have been even easier if I didn't go 50 unarmed and spent some points towards dodge.

My idea on how they should do less than 4 parties is that they should give 25% more xp for 3 party and 25% more xp for 2 party and 50% more xp for 1 party.

That would give 100% more xp for a one person run, which should more than balance it out.

I think that would be correct and fair.