Wrecked my savegame // Cheat Engine?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Brixx

Wrecked my savegame // Cheat Engine?

Post by Brixx »

Hello there!

Is there a way to use Cheat Engine to get invulnerability? I just played my way through to Level 4 with Master Quest and put all the scrolls into the right place - so I got swarmed by those bugs. Thing is, I accidentially pressed F5 instead of F9 and basically my live always ends in about 10 seconds after loading... so is there a way to make me invulnerable for a moment with Cheat Engine or a Trainer or something?

I was playing on the fly so I do not have a reasonable alternative save-game? Or is that it and all I have left to do is start over again or - more probable concerning my mental condition - just smash my keyboard, spit on my monitor and never touch Grimrock again?

Best regards,
Brixx
Komag

Re: Wrecked my savegame // Cheat Engine?

Post by Komag »

There are things you can do, don't worry

You'll need to first of all activate your Grimrock Console - you can find threads on these forums to show you how to do that by editing the cfg file.

Then you'll want to prepare some code such as in Notepad and highlight it and "copy" it so it's in your computer's memory, then when you load Grimrock and load the save game you can quickly open the console and "paste" the code. (Actually I believe you can enter console code while the game is paused so maybe there is no real hurry after all)

The simplest code might be to transport your party to a safer spot, such as near the crystal and exit to level 5 (which becomes accessible at that point anyway, so it's not really cheating)

Code: Select all

party:setPosition(18,9,2,4)
Then you can heal with the crystal or run to level 5 and rest and just come back later
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Frenchie

Re: Wrecked my savegame // Cheat Engine?

Post by Frenchie »

No need for memory hackers or trainers. You could use the the following code in console to make you more powerful:

To pass through walls use Ghost(2) after copy/pasting :

function Ghost(st) fa = party.facing; le = party.level; xx = party.x; yy = party.y; dx, dy = getForward(fa); party:setPosition(xx + dx * st, yy + dy * st, fa, le) end
Some other useful cheats:
SpoilerShow
To open doors use Sesame() after copy/pasting :

function Sesame() fa = party.facing; le = party.level; xx = party.x; yy = party.y; dx, dy = getForward(fa) for e in map:entitiesAt(xx, yy) do if e.setDoorState and e.facing == fa then e:open() end end for e in map:entitiesAt(xx + dx, yy + dy) do if e.setDoorState and e.facing == (fa + 2) % 4 then e:open() end end end
To buff your party :

st = { "health", "energy", "strength", "dexterity", "vitality", "willpower", "protection" } for i = 1, 4 do for j = 1, 7 do party:getChampion( i ):setStat( st [ j ], 200 ) party:getChampion( i ):setMaxStat( st [ j ], 200 ) end end
In LoG2 you need to modify these codes and the Sesame() function is no longer possible. But with the use of Ghost(2) and spawning the master key you need still get further.
Of course the fastest way to get to your old location is to use the Ghost(st) where st is the number of squares. When you land inside a wall you can still turn, but you need to use Ghost(1) again to get out. So, teleport yourself to the stairways of each level till you reach your destination.

I suggest you change your load and save keys and assign the previous load function key as the console key.