Android/tablet version

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.

Android/tablet version

Postby LogicalShrapnel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Hello,

It's been a while since I last saw a post on this topic and felt it was time to renew the interest in light of the LoG2 announcement.

To me the interface and gameplay of a dungeon crawl is perfectly suited for a tablet experience. In addition it is fairly light weight and not too much of a resource hog, once again making it a perfect fit for tablets.

Now I understand the effort needed to port a game from one platform to another, but I believe there is a huge market opportunity to be had by making it available for tablets. And market opportunity equals the much coveted reward of hard cold cash! So, I highly recommend that when LoG2 is produced you keep porting in mind so that you can aim for this market segment with as low an effort as possible once the initial PC release is done. Perhaps even bringing someone on board to just for the porting. (I'd offer myself up if I knew how to write more than 10 lines of code, and sadly don't have a firstborn to send in my place).

If money is an issue I for one would would be happy to pay a second time for a tablet version. I*m sure there are many more like me out there.

Thanks for making such a great game and wonderful nostalgic experience. Keep up the good work!
LogicalShrapnel

Return to Grimrock 1 Discussion