Sequel

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Mameluk

Sequel

Post by Mameluk »

Hi everyone!

I know the game's not out yet, but it looks so promising! What are the chances for a sequel, Legend of Grimrock 2? Would it be a dungeon crawler just like the first one, or more open with the world? Any thoughts/comments?
TouchGameplay

Re: Sequel

Post by TouchGameplay »

I would guess it really depends on the success of the Game and the Ports overall. It`s to early in my Eyes to already start talking about a Pre-/Sequel right now before the Game has even launched on any Platform.
petri

Post by petri »

Yeah, it's way too early to talk about a sequel but we certainly do intend to keep working on LoG after the launch. More specifically we have been talking about modding support (custom dungeons), ports to other platforms and updating the game. But as we have said in the past, we have to survive the launch first :)
Knee

Post by Knee »

Grimrock MMO, multiple dungones, surface towns, parties of four.. Go on you know you want to do it! :lol:
exiledscot

Post by exiledscot »

Dungeon crawl MMO? errrrrm I dont think it would work, at least not if it was purely dungeon crawl. The dungeon would have to be massive or there would need to be surface elements introduced, which in my oppinion would ruin the style of the game.
TouchGameplay

Post by TouchGameplay »

Knee wrote:Grimrock MMO, multiple dungones, surface towns, parties of four.. Go on you know you want to do it! :lol:
Slow down the Horses :D

I guess the next Chapter would be to port the Game to the Mobil Platform like iOS/Android/... & Console (XLBA/PSN) and after that we could think about an MMO Port.
Mountain King

Post by Mountain King »

And while you're on the MMO you should also release a movie, a comic series and plan the first convention. I know a few nice castles which would make a perfect location.
Knee

Post by Knee »

Mountain King wrote:And while you're on the MMO you should also release a movie, a comic series and plan the first convention. I know a few nice castles which would make a perfect location.
Exactly! :lol:
petri

Post by petri »

You guys are well ahead of us :lol: maybe we should hire you ;) oh wait, we don't have any money to hire anybody...
sevtai

Post by sevtai »

The more i look at screenshots, the more it vaguely remind me of a game called Arx Fatalis ... any of you guys played that already ?? if not you should play that as a sequal ;)
Yummy, more baked maggots ... bah, give them to the mage ...