Grimrock Mac OS X wrapper by Porting Team

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
julusp

Re: Grimrock Mac OS X wrapper by Porting Team

Post by julusp »

I have identified the probem with blackscreen on ATI cards. There is a problem with drivers, the problem was fixed in Mac OS X 10.7.2 or 10.7.3. If you have ATI card, you need current Lion to play. (Blame Apple and AMD, not me :)
lowzei

Post by lowzei »

The issue, at least on my system, might be caused by a combination of the system and the game.

a) After a few tries i guess it's a thermal issue. The game is very demanding, although i don't understand exactly why when looking at what's going on. There should be room for improvements performance wise. Just utalising vsync isn't enough.

b) The system somewhere seems to forget to disable the fps reduction once stepped into this mode.
Last edited by lowzei on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

julusp wrote:I have identified the probem with blackscreen on ATI cards. There is a problem with drivers, the problem was fixed in Mac OS X 10.7.2 or 10.7.3. If you have ATI card, you need current Lion to play. (Blame Apple and AMD, not me :)
As a note, even with 10.7.3, still gotta use downgraded Wine version. The newer ones will still bork the graphics.
julusp

Post by julusp »

Patchumz wrote:
julusp wrote:I have identified the probem with blackscreen on ATI cards. There is a problem with drivers, the problem was fixed in Mac OS X 10.7.2 or 10.7.3. If you have ATI card, you need current Lion to play. (Blame Apple and AMD, not me :)
As a note, even with 10.7.3, still gotta use downgraded Wine version. The newer ones will still bork the graphics.
That was targeted to my port which uses wine 1.3.32 :)
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

julusp wrote:
Patchumz wrote:
That was targeted to my port which uses wine 1.3.32 :)
Yeah I know ^^. Just putting it out there for everyone else, in case they thought 10.7.3 was the ultimate problem solver.
PeyloW

Post by PeyloW »

kyubajin wrote:Thanks to Mar-x and julusp for their huge contributions!

Following this WINE thread pointed me to the magnificent Porting Team wrapper which has everything needed to install the stand-alone game and enjoy the game on Mac OS X.
<snip>
Installation:
1) Unzip the Port
2) Double click the wrapper > Select Install Windows Software > Select exe file from GOG or Humble Games > and install
Thanks for the heads up, this works great.
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

Now that 1.1.4 is out, to update your game just Right Click (On the wrapper) > Show Package Contents > Open Wineskin.app > Install Windows Software.

Then just install 1.1.4 like you did 1.1.3, it'll overwrite everything cleanly and you'll be able to play in no time.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Nice work guys. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
knord

Post by knord »

Really nice!

Bought the game today and used the wrapper and I can play on my Mac :D

Just some problems with sound :( as in: there's none.

Repost from protingteam.com site:
Audio is not playing most of the time and when it is it's usually choppy. Anyone got an idea to what that can be?

Running MacOSX 10.6.8 on a mid '09 MBP (intel core 2 duo 2,66 MHz, 4 GB RAM).
All graphical settings set to LOW.
(I am guessing my processor is to tired to handle the workload to playback audio.)
EDIT:
Humm, when I disable SSAO the sound works. Must be my CPU then.

EDIT 2:
Kinda worked. sound disappeared after 30min or so.
lugdunum

Post by lugdunum »

I'm running the supported wine version from Codeweavers. Been using it for years and it works brilliantly. It ran Grimrock out of the box. No sound issues, no graphics glitches, high framerates. Been playing since day one without issues and having a great time of it. I'm on linux, but there is a Mac version of Crossover on the Codeweavers.com site.

--
Lyon