Grimrock Mac OS X wrapper by Porting Team

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
kyubajin

Grimrock Mac OS X wrapper by Porting Team

Post by kyubajin »

Thanks to Mar-x and julusp for their huge contributions!

Following this WINE thread pointed me to the magnificent Porting Team wrapper which has everything needed to install the stand-alone game and enjoy the game on Mac OS X.

More info from Porting Team:

Minimum Specs:
- CPU: Intel Based Mac
- RAM: 2GB
- Video: GPU with 256MB Ram (512MB recommended)
- Disk Space: 800MB

Known Issues:
Sometimes, at start, mouse clicks are not properly recognized - just change window resolution or restart the game

Installation:
1) Unzip the Port
2) Double click the wrapper > Select Install Windows Software > Select exe file from GOG or Humble Games > and install

----

Old thread:
Before all of you jump to my jugular and start bashing my OS of choice, I just wanted to ask if I can pre-order the game right now and have the Mac port unlock when it comes out, if ever...

I felt in love with LoG since I first saw a video of it and would love to support it, however I don't have access to a Windows machine or to Bootcamp, etc. That's why I humbly ask if a future Mac port is unlocked should I purchase the Windows version.
Last edited by kyubajin on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
no gods or kings only man
Crashbanito

Re: Want to pre-order, Mac user

Post by Crashbanito »

You could check in and see if it runs well in Wine. Some of the guys on the forum are running Linux and attempting to do so.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
kyubajin

Post by kyubajin »

Thanks for your reply. I just bought the game anyway, Almost Human really deserve the support. Also I hope my contribution helps funding the Mac port :)
ilovemondays

Post by ilovemondays »

Yep, i just did the same. Perhaps we get it running with Wine/ CrossOver or Parallels (i think any other VM doesnt support Hardware). Or just install a Windows version via bootcamp... :?

Nevertheless, i hope there'll be a native Os X App :)
Last edited by ilovemondays on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbgager

Post by dbgager »

I am sure the developers appreciate your support. Maybe, with enough people who make that decsion, it might actually lead to a MAC version in the future.
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

Yeah, when they release a Mac version, it'll show up for everyone who has already purchased. I preordered immediately (Using Mac OS X) and regret nothing, I will attempt to play it in Wine, which based on the tests, seems very hopeful.
Mar-x

Post by Mar-x »

I too have made the decision to buy and try with OSx. How about we get some sort of post up and running for people running under WINE/ crossover/ parallels with some settings sharing? I'd rather not have to bootcamp this as I've avoided it this long ( however LoG is reason enough). Not long to go now.. Let's keep each other posted..

It's lunchtime April 11th here... Stupid me, stupid timezone, half of the day gone.. No LoG.
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

I'll be using Windows natively on bootcamp to hopefully play it, but tell me how it runs on wine :)
Thoughtless' thoughtless signature is thoughtless containing no thought.
kyubajin

Post by kyubajin »

Wow, never saw a friendlier community towards Mac users, I thought this would be a typical Mac-bashing thread like 99% of the time.

Also I second this, if anyone gets the game rolling on any VM please share the fun!
ilovemondays

Post by ilovemondays »

Yea sure, if I get this running or have a link to a good description, I let you know ;)