Grimrock Mac OS X wrapper by Porting Team

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
kyubajin

Re: Grimrock Mac OS X wrapper by Porting Team

Post by kyubajin »

I've been having sound glitches (all music and sound starts buzzing then just stops) and my solution is either restarting the game or sometimes saving and loading corrects the problem.
no gods or kings only man
julusp

Post by julusp »

kyubajin wrote:I've been having sound glitches (all music and sound starts buzzing then just stops) and my solution is either restarting the game or sometimes saving and loading corrects the problem.
There is an updated version of the wrapper (newer version of wine, and there should be also some performance boost), wine on the end cycle have been rewriting the sound code, so it may be related to it. Try the latest version of wrapper, and let me know if issue persist.
supified

Post by supified »

I'm having the slowdown problem as well. Game is fine initially and then begins to lose fps that doesn't come back until after a system restart. I have a fan controller program and can avoid the slowdown for longer by forcing my fans to run at full speed. This leads me to believe it is thermal as well. Hard to imagine anyway it can be corrected.
gildas

Post by gildas »

Hello.

I buy LOG on Steam...but after hours and hours i still desesperate, nothing work: wineskin or crossover (for this last, a problem of directX "D3D error-Create texture failed D3DERR_OUTOFMEMORY").
Help....

imac. OS X Lion 10.7.3
2,5 GHZ intel Core i5
4 GO 1333 Mhz DDR3
AMD radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
julusp

Post by julusp »

gildas wrote:Hello.

I buy LOG on Steam...but after hours and hours i still desesperate, nothing work: wineskin or crossover (for this last, a problem of directX "D3D error-Create texture failed D3DERR_OUTOFMEMORY").
Help....

imac. OS X Lion 10.7.3
2,5 GHZ intel Core i5
4 GO 1333 Mhz DDR3
AMD radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Interesting, nobody reported this yet, but there is a possibility that autodetection for Video memory has failed as 6750M usually have 1GB. If you are using mine wineskin wrapper then do this steps:
1) right click wrapper > show contents
2) run wineskin
3) advanced > tools and run winetricks
4) from settings select videomemorysize=512 and run.

Now you should be ready to go.
gildas

Post by gildas »

Thank a lot Julusp!

But it doesn't work. So, i will re-start from the beginning.

With Wineskin
Install Winskin-Winery -2.
Dl the wrapper, double click this one.
Install software
Choose setup executable...and here i found no exe file from GOG or humble games

With crossover, i install the game with Steam, but when i launch it = "D3D error-Create texture failed D3DERR_outofmemory", a problem of directx.

Thank you
julusp

Post by julusp »

gildas wrote:Thank a lot Julusp!

But it doesn't work. So, i will re-start from the beginning.

With Wineskin
Install Winskin-Winery -2.
Dl the wrapper, double click this one.
Install software
Choose setup executable...and here i found no exe file from GOG or humble games

With crossover, i install the game with Steam, but when i launch it = "D3D error-Create texture failed D3DERR_outofmemory", a problem of directx.

Thank you
Wineskin Winery is not needed for running wrappers. I made a new wrapper on tuesday, if you are using it, wineskin>advanced>tools>view log files (should open 2 non-empty log files), upload them somewhere and send me the link... (actually, I did not recieved the logs from anybody facing this issue (installator will not run))
pacino

Post by pacino »

Hi Julusp - works really well on my Mac Pro ATI 2600 HD for about 10 mins then completely freezes & crashes the Mac - console seems to say it's a GPU issue. Are there recommended video settings for the 2600? I know it only has 256MB.

Thanks you - works better than trying to run under VMWare (which also crashes but is much slower)!

P.
julusp

Post by julusp »

pacino wrote:Hi Julusp - works really well on my Mac Pro ATI 2600 HD for about 10 mins then completely freezes & crashes the Mac - console seems to say it's a GPU issue. Are there recommended video settings for the 2600? I know it only has 256MB.

Thanks you - works better than trying to run under VMWare (which also crashes but is much slower)!

P.
Well the crashes may be related to anything... If the game also craches within the VMware there is posibilty of memory leak... You are not the first one reporting this issue, unfortunetly without the logs, I am unable to help. If you are using Wrapper v1.1 and game version 1.1.4, please open contents of wrapper, click advanced, and click test run. Play until the game crash, and after crash it will ask you if you want to open log files, please send them both (one of them will be bigger, would be good to upload it somewhere.

256MB should be enough.
kyubajin

Post by kyubajin »

julusp wrote:
kyubajin wrote:I've been having sound glitches (all music and sound starts buzzing then just stops) and my solution is either restarting the game or sometimes saving and loading corrects the problem.
There is an updated version of the wrapper (newer version of wine, and there should be also some performance boost), wine on the end cycle have been rewriting the sound code, so it may be related to it. Try the latest version of wrapper, and let me know if issue persist.
Thanks a lot, should I just re-download the wrapper from the Porting Team site and repeat the installation process? Will my savegames be deleted?
no gods or kings only man