Frequently Asked Questions

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Crashbanito

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Crashbanito »

jferreira wrote:Hello, just bought the game (can't play it yet, linux/mac user + studying like hell). Will you be releasing the game at Desura too?

I'm not sure about Desura, but some people have been able to run the game on mac/linux using various methods.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
jferreira

Post by jferreira »

Crashbanito wrote:
jferreira wrote:Hello, just bought the game (can't play it yet, linux/mac user + studying like hell). Will you be releasing the game at Desura too?

I'm not sure about Desura, but some people have been able to run the game on mac/linux using various methods.
Thanks, Crashbanito.

I didn't mean necessarily releasing linux/mac versions on Desura, but just using the digital distribution service they provide (it works on windows too).
Clark Kent

Post by Clark Kent »

As I Mac user I will only buy this great game for MacOS X. No Wine, no Crossover, no Parallels. I like MacOS X.

Nevertheless I have to say that you have managed to do something that nobody thought it could be done ever: programming a worthy Dungeon Master successor! :) Best d&d game E V E R! :)
Piano

Post by Piano »

Who is the composer of the main theme?
I can't find it anywhere on the site. It should definitely be in the FAQs, imho the composer deserves some credit for writing such an awesome piece.
What about in-game music?

Regards,

Piano
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

Piano wrote:Who is the composer of the main theme?
I can't find it anywhere on the site.
Look harder. This has also been asked lots of times, so searching the forums should have given you the answer. =)
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Vulfgaar

Post by Vulfgaar »

Good afternoon.
From the very beginning my thanks for so remarkable game.
Whether and at once the question :) will be localization on Russian, with English no problems are present but nevertheless it would be interesting in the native language more more deeply to plunge into the atmosphere.
With the best regards.
kisiel365

Post by kisiel365 »

I am not sure if anybody has mentioned that before but I was able to run LoG easily on Ubuntu 11.04 using newest stable Wine. You might suggest that not to discourage Linux users.
theruler

Post by theruler »

FAQ should be updated! :)
Siroggak

Post by Siroggak »

Well, it seems I have a problem with a
20. Black screen or distorted textures/fonts
. Fonts in the game are very, very unclear, I can barely understand what is written. All I can understand is the name of skills or notifications in the bottom of the screen. But I can't understand what is written in the scrolls or in any descriptions, for instance. I completed 8 levels, but then I understood that it is really impossible to play, so I uninstalled the game. But I really, really want to continue playing.

I know that I might not be the first one to ask this question, but I asked it 4 times on different sites, so you're my last hope. How can I fix it? Help me, please.
Melvoid

Post by Melvoid »

See No.20 on list at beginning of post