Frequently Asked Questions

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Sol_HSA

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Sol_HSA »

Crashbanito wrote:Changed the list up again. You guys just ask and I can make any changes as necessary. ;)
Looking good. There's bound to be more questions =)
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

Is it possible to anchor our text using internal links and whatnot? It seems to be disabled. It'd be handy to link to specific questions in the main post.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
NukemDukem

Post by NukemDukem »

are we allowed to post on the forums of our video walk through?
My Let's Play/Walkthrough of Legend of Grimrock
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

NukemDukem wrote:are we allowed to post on the forums of our video walk through?
Yes, but please include spoiler tags.
NukemDukem

Post by NukemDukem »

Mameluk wrote:
NukemDukem wrote:are we allowed to post on the forums of our video walk through?
would that mean we put all our videos with spoiler tags then, since it shows the game?
My Let's Play/Walkthrough of Legend of Grimrock
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp
Karkarov

Post by Karkarov »

NukemDukem wrote:
Mameluk wrote:
would that mean we put all our videos with spoiler tags then, since it shows the game?
The devs said they don't care if you do Let's Plays (in fact they encouraged it) BUT they want you to put up spoilers for puzzles and things like that if you don't mind. Meaning either when you get to the puzzles in game throw up a you tube link in the vid making it obvious you are about to solve a puzzle with a hot link to go straight to after you solve it, put up something in the vid name so people know you are doing it, or whatever. It should not be that hard figuring out how to get around it. Personally I am going to respect their wishes and whenever I get to a puzzle of any quality or real complexity I am simply going to do a fade out then fade back in after I solve it.

Also no you shouldn't monetize it. It is a Let's Play, you don't own any legal rights on the game etc etc. Unless Almost Human sends you a physical written document saying it is okay for you specifically to monetize the video it is not legally acceptable as per Youtube's own rules.
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

Can we get an addition to the FAQ regarding enabling vsync to eliminating issues with overheating GPU's?
villdelfia

Post by villdelfia »

Crashbanito wrote:15. Can I mod/edit the game? Are the game files accessible in the game folder?
No. Modding support does not exist yet, but it's likely coming eventually. Game files are protected and not accessible by any conventional methods, so you can't edit them.
Not protected very well I might add ;-)
liln360

Post by liln360 »

19. Can I film and upload footage of the game for fun/profit?
You are free to film and upload footage you have take of the game to Youtube or any other video sharing site. The developers would prefer if you put some type of spoiler warning up if your video depicts a fair amount of content, especially late game footage. You are free to put ads up for Let's Plays, reviews, etc.

Thank you :)
jferreira

Post by jferreira »

Hello, just bought the game (can't play it yet, linux/mac user + studying like hell). Will you be releasing the game at Desura too?