Grimrock - What I Do Not Like

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Zo Kath Ra

Re: Grimrock - What I Do Not Like

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

owl905 wrote:...timed puzzles...
The game needs something that slows down the reactions required just a tad after N attempts.
That's a good idea, because it would reward perseverance.
The only thing I'm not sure about:
- Should the game explicitly tell the player that timed puzzles "slow down" if you try them often enough?
- If not, the player may not even notice the slowdown. Or he might think he's actually getting faster :D
Crash

Post by Crash »

My vote is for a "slow time" box or ring, in the form of a few single use items per dungeon, or single three charge item, so these could be used during a tough timed puzzle or tough battle.

Cheers
Eobersig

Post by Eobersig »

Well, I'm one of the guys that can't manage some of the timed puzzles, notably the longer ones where one needs more than, say 7 or 8 movements/clicks to make it.

Darklord (thanks) has posted hints (spoilers-free) for solving timed puzzles viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2055 and I'm used by now to get the dev console out to slow down the game when I can't manage it otherwise. Is it cheating? Sure it is - but then one could argue that 2x2 strafing or hiding behind doors is cheesy gameplay too. I certainly don't feel bad because of it. :)
Splatterhouse

Post by Splatterhouse »

OK, So i have read the spoilers posted for the Legend of grimrock master quest ,level 5, deserted hallways. BUT, i am having an issue. Every time i pull the level to que the telaporter the level also drops the wooden door in front of if causing me to do an extra step. I dont know if i am just doing something wrong,not doing something fast enough, or its bugged because i see zero way to actually make this in time because i am forced to do the extra step of opening the wooden door. anyone have this problem?
please help i am going crazy.
did you ever complete this i am seriously stuck right here i have tried like 100 times.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

Brodie301 wrote:How about just disabling all the puzzles, open all doors, and then just run thru whole dungeon repeatedly pressing space bar to kill enemies. Sounds like the best game EVER, then we wouldn't even have to Use our head at all.

The level of complaining here lately is absolutely ridiculous. If that makes me sound like a fanboy then so be it, I'll be the ultimate fanboy.
I wish to make a complaint about people coming here complaining about people that complain about people who are complaining about too much complaining. I wish this complaint acted on forthwith, or else I will be making a complaint. Thank you.
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock