graphics look amazing BUT

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
pongsifu

Re: graphics look amazing BUT

Post by pongsifu »

As an artist myself, I like the portraits a lot, they are very well done. Kudos to whoever the artist was.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

pongsifu wrote:As an artist myself, I like the portraits a lot, they are very well done. Kudos to whoever the artist was.
I believe it was Juho. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The party interface in LoG is one of the best I think I've used, now that we can add our own custom portraits it is even better. The first thing I checked when starting 1.1.4 for the first time wasn't the new settings or features but the party interface. After reading 'adjusted gui layout' in the release log I was worried. I don't think there can be anything added or removed to improve it.
Last edited by Jordan on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silverhawk

Post by Silverhawk »

I also think the portraits should stay like they are. How crappy 3D Portraits can look like, you can see in the game Jagged Alliance Back In Action. 2D Portraits have more charme. ;)
BlueLegion

Post by BlueLegion »

changing the portraits to react to party status dynamically would make custom portraits LOTS LOTS harder.
Hongisto

Post by Hongisto »

Silverhawk wrote:I also think the portraits should stay like they are. How crappy 3D Portraits can look like, you can see in the game Jagged Alliance Back In Action. 2D Portraits have more charme. ;)
This. I'd take 2d (even static) portraits over crappy 3d portraits any day. I also like that you can import your own now. Got the handrawn versions of the old DM champions for my party, and it feels amazing to venture into the dungeon with Sonja, Hisssa, Gothmog and Wuuf again. :) The ones that came with the game are really good too.
"Optimist drowns in a half-full tub."
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

It would be extra work in coding implementing different reactions to hits on portraits, but I do not consider it must be done with 3d or something like this. The extra work should be a feature where the portraits can be gif with two or three frames in them.
seanser

Post by seanser »

The interface looks perfect for me......i like the "old skool" style of it.....easy using - that´s the point ! No need for overloaded GUI´s.

Greets
Seanser
\/4n!ll4 ][c3

Post by \/4n!ll4 ][c3 »

i just wish i could figure dual wielding (if it exists)

no documentation ftl :/
Arctor

Post by Arctor »

We're going to have to start rating the "Missing the Point" threads that are starting to plague the forum. This one would rank quite high.