Man I am so FULL I cannot walk [SUGGESTION]

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Eobersig

Re: Man I am so FULL I cannot walk [SUGGESTION]

Post by Eobersig »

Also: eat the most heavy food first!

Better lug around some bread and have the snail slices in your stomach than the other way round! :)
YenRug

Post by YenRug »

About the only thing I would agree with/solve, is the notes and scrolls; there should be a general note book, say accessible from the in game map, and all notes are transcribed to that automatically in the order discovered. As for spell scrolls, all mage characters get a grimoire and they transcribe spells into that; this could actually become a factor if you only allowed a spell to be transcribed once, also restricting mages to those spells they have in their grimoire, no matter that they have access to all the runes.
PSY

Post by PSY »

So...

before this topic goes nuclear...I decided to ditch all the fire, lightning and whatever bombs. This stuff weighs a ton, and I never liked it anyway ;)

So I'm light as a feather now, gliding over the pits :lol:

PSY
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
EvoluZion3

Post by EvoluZion3 »

I found myself hoarding pretty much everything - I had a chest and bag full of torches until I knew the light spell (!), I had a dozen grenade things until I decided to just chuck them all at enemies, and I was lugging around heavy armour that none of my party had the skill to use until near the end of the game. At three points in the game I had to make a tough decision and dump a load of stuff before I went down the stairs. A few minutes later and I'd totally forgotten about the missing kit!
PSY

Post by PSY »

EvoluZion3 wrote:I found myself hoarding pretty much everything - I had a chest and bag full of torches until I knew the light spell (!), I had a dozen grenade things until I decided to just chuck them all at enemies, and I was lugging around heavy armour that none of my party had the skill to use until near the end of the game. At three points in the game I had to make a tough decision and dump a load of stuff before I went down the stairs. A few minutes later and I'd totally forgotten about the missing kit!
I know exactly what you mean :D
MASKOAA

Post by MASKOAA »

PSY wrote:So...

before this topic goes nuclear...I decided to ditch all the fire, lightning and whatever bombs. This stuff weighs a ton, and I never liked it anyway ;)

PSY
the lighning bombs are the highest dmg bombs in the game if you have an assassin character they should keep them
PSY

Post by PSY »

MASKOAA wrote:the lighning bombs are the highest dmg bombs in the game if you have an assassin character they should keep them
If I should run into trouble, I'll go back and fetch them.
But my rogue is level 11 with 43 points put in missile weapons, and he's dealing baaad damage :)
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

PSY wrote:But my rogue is level 11 with 43 points put in missile weapons, and he's dealing baaad damage :)
Hmm is that one of those phrases where you mean the opposite? is baaaad damage actually really good damage? :?

The emphasis has me wondering!

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
rakenan

Post by rakenan »

PSY wrote:So...

PSY
I'd keep the frost and lightning bombs. Lightning bombs are useful, er, very late in the game, especially if you have a frost mage. Frost bombs are awesome in the fighter's challenge.

Fire and poison bombs, meh, toss 'em to the curb.
PSY

Post by PSY »

Darklord wrote:
Hmm is that one of those phrases where you mean the opposite? is baaaad damage actually really good damage? :?

The emphasis has me wondering!

Daniel.
Yes, it's extremely good damage. I thought it was a common phrase in Great Britain. Damn, I've been watching too many American movies lately :)
Anyway, I'm quite used to the phrase, having seen it being used a lot in MMORPGS like Everquest, WoW, Aion etc.

So I suppose it's not a common phrase in GB?

L8er,
PSY