Is LoG a shameless copy of a classic?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Darklord

Re: Is LoG a shameless copy of a classic?

Post by Darklord »

isamu wrote: I love the Dos Box version because it supports save states :)
So does WinAUE, the Amiga emulator. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Goffmog

Post by Goffmog »

Stamm wrote:Illusionary wall/ an alternative to walking against walls is to put/throw things forward and see if they disappear.
Stamm, your name reminds me that for years I had no idea whether it was Stamm, Stamn, Stam or Stann thanks to the wonderful font choice on the ST version and the blurriness of my TV pixels :) I always went with "Stamn" - and he's probably the reason why I always end up gravitating toward being an axe wielding bearded guy in roleplaying games :)
Stamm

Post by Stamm »

Goffmog wrote:
Stamm wrote:Illusionary wall/ an alternative to walking against walls is to put/throw things forward and see if they disappear.
Stamm, your name reminds me that for years I had no idea whether it was Stamm, Stamn, Stam or Stann thanks to the wonderful font choice on the ST version and the blurriness of my TV pixels :) I always went with "Stamn" - and he's probably the reason why I always end up gravitating toward being an axe wielding bearded guy in roleplaying games :)
Yes, Stamm, an older Germanic warrior with perhaps some connection to dwarfs too (?), even though there is not much information of that available.

I do have a special memory when I played the first games of DM. There was a door without keyhole, and text on the wall read: "NOBODY SHALL PASS". With Stamm and his axe, my team passed easily. :lol:

There is also some rumors that Stamm spent a great deal of time with Sonja the Fighter, after liberating Chaos Lord. But these are so old things that you cannot be certain about them.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

I wonder if Stamm is a bit like Tyrion Lannister, he certainly reminds me of him a bit! :)

Daniel.
Goffmog

Post by Goffmog »

Stamm wrote:
Goffmog wrote:
Yes, Stamm, an older Germanic warrior with perhaps some connection to dwarfs too (?), even though there is not much information of that available.

I do have a special memory when I played the first games of DM. There was a door without keyhole, and text on the wall read: "NOBODY SHALL PASS". With Stamm and his axe, my team passed easily. :lol:

There is also some rumors that Stamm spent a great deal of time with Sonja the Fighter, after liberating Chaos Lord. But these are so old things that you cannot be certain about them.
I doubt it lasted, Sonja never had much stamina.
Stamm

Post by Stamm »

Goffmog wrote:

Well, Stamm himself had minimum mana at the beginning, but towards the end he threw 6th grade fireballs..
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Stamm wrote: Well, Stamm himself had minimum mana at the beginning, but towards the end he threw 6th grade fireballs..
Out of his eyes I bet, see how red they are! :shock:

Daniel.
Goffmog

Post by Goffmog »

Stamm wrote:
Goffmog wrote:

Well, Stamm himself had minimum mana at the beginning, but towards the end he threw 6th grade fireballs..
Lol,

Stamm was one of the best, definitely the best to resurrect (along with Gothmog!)

I think Lief and Zed were the best two to reincarnate because of their high starting stats + the points from their initial levels that went into their stats if you did that. Who did you think was the most disappointing champion when resurrected or reincarnated? For me personally it was Sonja, because no matter how I developed her she always seemed to run out of stamina too quickly and get hungry too often too :)

Will have to try soloing it with Sonja next time I play....

(does that sound wrong to anyone else?)
Daroou

Post by Daroou »

Must place my vote for Daroou... a few Lo-Ya and you were well on your way to cultivating the Ultimate Warrior/Mage with an unmatched patch of chest hair.
Mmm... Shai-Hulud!
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

I know I'm in the conversation late (a month!), but of possible interest to all these DM fans here, I COULD NOT WAIT for the LoG dungeon editor to release, and in 1999 a fella named George Gilbert created a DM dungeon creator/level editor/Character Editor called dmute. I use emulators of all old systems on my pc to play all the 8bit/ST games from my childhood. but dmute is made for pc. So, match made in heaven, I got pc versions of DM, CSB, and dmute and started making ACTUAL DM dungeons back then. Well, I had to dust it off to cure my jones for the LoG Editor and it still works fine :)

No link to find this stuff, you will have to dig, and it is only simple placement and scripting, nothing like the power of the LoG editor in real time.
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades