goromorg level 10 temple 2

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
jabberwocky

goromorg level 10 temple 2

Post by jabberwocky »

I have been taking a trip down memory lane and re-doing the game , i am stuck on level 10 goromorg 2 , I have destroyed the receptacle on the wall by opening the 2 gates and letting the bolt of light through , the problem is that the door to the inner sanctum should have opened and it has not.

I have even looked at videos on youtube to make sure i did it right , i did it right.
I posted a thread on steam client and I got a lot of abuse from 1 guy basically calling me a liar as their was in his opinion no bug. I posted him a link to the same topic that he took part in about 6 years ago. The abuse continued so i have reported him to steam.

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know of a fix to get the door to open.

Things I have tried , I read put all settings on low ???? , that did not work.
Uninstalled game and cleared out stray files and registry entries before reinstall , I dragged old save into new game.

It would be real good if I had a console code for open door or a no clip command that I could walk through a solid door.
Dr.Disaster

Re: goromorg level 10 temple 2

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Nobody called you anything.
You were told what needs to be done to open that door and that is it.
It was the same advice you dug up on the forums which I gave to others on the same issue 3 years back and they got it done.
I even pointed you to a YouTube video on how this is done.

And you call THAT abuse ..
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

jabberwocky wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:39 pm It would be real good if I had a console code for open door or a no clip command that I could walk through a solid door.
This will teleport the party one step forward:

Code: Select all

local dx, dy = getForward(party.facing) 
party:setPosition(party.x + dx, party.y + dy, party.facing, party.level) 
Can you mail me a savegame?
I want to try the puzzle myself.

My e-mail address is:
zo [underscore] kath [underscore] ra [at] protonmail [dot] com

edit:
You're playing the Steam version of LoG1, correct?
jabberwocky

Post by jabberwocky »

Well Well dr. disaster we meet again.

I suggest you re-read what you said to me on the steam post.

you actually said don't lie their is no bug. I told you I had completed it many years ago so it could be a bug that you don't even know about.

Is their a problem with steam disscussions or am I blocked because I reported the comments you made to me.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

jabberwocky wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:45 pm you actually said
this after you thought to ran into a bug:
I have no idea what you are trying to say with "destroyed the stone circle". Don't even try to pretend there is a bug. There is none. If the door does not open your bolt did not make it.

You have to open 2 walls to free both bolt launcher and bolt receptor. Then you have to fire a bolt thru a pair of doors - which you need to operate with perfect timing - into the receptor. Once the bolt lands, the door to the Inner Sanctum opens.

Before you'll argue any further, watch this from minute 6 onward: (some Youtube link)
Now, to end this pointless discussion: send Zo Kath Ra your savegame so he can check it out.
jabberwocky

Post by jabberwocky »

zo I am sending you a copy of the save game position
jabberwocky

Post by jabberwocky »

ok so final msg to dr.disaster
I am not a noob or an idiot who don't know how to use games.
Zo told me how to get past the door that for some reason would not open , by the time you read this I will be at the end of the game.
Guess what because you have been so arrogant I aint even gonna tell you how to do it .

You need to take notice of this PEOPLE LIKE YOU THINK THEY KNOW BEST BUT....

You did not write the game so you cant know what is wrong ( w10 ) and how to fix it.