crystal autosave fail

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Sir Tawmis

Re: crystal autosave fail

Post by Sir Tawmis »

So; you saved a unique SAVE game name (like "Testing in the Dungeon") - and then when you went to the Crystal it overwrote that with an Autosave? :?:

If so, that's not one I've immediately heard of.

Try saving a new game (not overwriting the AutoSave) and save again - click the Crystal again and see if it overwrites that? Because Autosave, should simply overwrite the "AutoSave" slot.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

LindaPeterson wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:44 pm so i rerolled a new group after reading the forums for a bit, and i played around with the group a little to see how it worked out. i got to the first save crystal in the game, and i used it to heal my characters and all that jazz, and boom, it autosaves over my original game file (which im not sure why it wasnt in the save list also, since i manually saved it right before i quit to reroll the new toons).
Hi Linda Peterson <3

Just going by your name, I'd assume that you're a female woman with a vagina.
Exactly the kind of thing we horny, unattractive neckbeards have been waiting for.

Or mabye, baby, you're just a bot:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1845

But at least you're not depress.
And you haven't posted any spammy links yet, but I suppose you were going to do that later, after building up "trust".
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Remember: we are talkin LoG 1 here.

LoG 1 always uses the Autosave Slot a) during game creation and b) upon touching a crystal.
There is absolutely nothing - repeat: NOTHING! - that can be done about this so players have to deal with it!

If the player wants to keep a clean/safe copy of his or her group of brave adventurers it is REQUIRED to manually create named save games after the game started. Relying on the autosave alone can be futile because any attempt of different party setups WILL INEVITABLY OVERWRITE an existing autosave slot upon game start!

This was prolly the reason why point a) was removed in LoG 2.

Named save games don't get overwritten by any feature in the entire game, no crystal, no monster or evil endboss. They are absolutely save. Anyone claiming otherwise is either mistaken or talking BS.

btw: nice copycat spotting!