** SOS - URGENT Help Needed With Bloodwych Mod **

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
wagtunes

** SOS - URGENT Help Needed With Bloodwych Mod **

Post by wagtunes »

I'm kind of at the end of my rope and don't know where to go. The creator of this mod seems to have left the forum and I'm stuck. After putting in countless hours on this mod, I'd really like to finish it.

You can read where I am at the post below.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12895&start=100#p117227

Please, if anybody has played this mod and has actually gotten through it I'd greatly appreciate any assistance you can give me.

Thanks.
Dr.Disaster

Re: ** SOS - URGENT Help Needed With Bloodwych Mod **

Post by Dr.Disaster »

I'd try finding a walkthru of the original game "Bloodwych".
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Dr.Disaster wrote:I'd try finding a walkthru of the original game "Bloodwych".
I doubt it will help as the engines are totally different. In fact, the room layouts are different because the two games are so different. For example, The Chaos Tower Level 5 is actually level 33 in this game. There is no way to know for certain that accessing each level is the same for each game as there is no 1 to 1 correlation between the levels.

Aside from that, I have mapped out every single level of this game with the exception of Zendik's Tower (which I assume I access once I have the 4 figures and the 3 crystals) and there is nothing left to find. Every key has been accounted for. In addition to that, there is no way to reaccess the Moon Tower. Once you leave, there is no way back in as the gems no longer trigger the portals. So if I have missed something in that tower, it's lost for good and I will have to start over from the beginning, which I'm not doing.

I just want to know where the 4 figures are (I've found 2 of them) so I can then determine if it even makes sense to try to retrieve them. Right now, I am literally walking around an empty dungeon. I've killed everything. My party is at level 27. There is nothing left to do until I find the last 2 figures.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

wagtunes wrote:I just want to know where the 4 figures are (I've found 2 of them) so I can then determine if it even makes sense to try to retrieve them. Right now, I am literally walking around an empty dungeon. I've killed everything. My party is at level 27. There is nothing left to do until I find the last 2 figures.
Have you tried the findObjects() console script?

findObjects('figure')

*Only works if the items are placed on the map.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Isaac wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I just want to know where the 4 figures are (I've found 2 of them) so I can then determine if it even makes sense to try to retrieve them. Right now, I am literally walking around an empty dungeon. I've killed everything. My party is at level 27. There is nothing left to do until I find the last 2 figures.
Have you tried the findObjects() console script?

findObjects('figure')

*Only works if the items are placed on the map.
I understand that I can cheat my way through this entire dungeon. I don't want to do that. It takes all the fun out of it. I only did it with the one key because I was frustrated getting that far and being stopped by one door. I figured once I got through the Moon, Dragon and Chaos Towers, accessing Zendik would be easy. Turns out I have no clue where the 2 other figures are.

And even if I did want to cheat my way through, which I don't, I certainly wouldn't go through the hassle of trying to find those 2 figures using a findobjects function where I would have to access every level of the entire game, which is close to 40 at this point in time. I might as well just use the open door function and access Zendik's Tower that way, which, again, I don't want to do.

I just wish I could get a hold of Simon and have him tell me where the 2 figures I'm missing are located.

I'll do the rest.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I was thinking more along the lines of discovering the puzzle, by discovering the location of the prize. ;)

**Also: of course the script can be easily modified to scan all levels in one go. ;)
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Isaac wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of discovering the puzzle, by discovering the location of the prize. ;)

**Also: of course the script can be easily modified to scan all levels in one go. ;)
Probably easy for somebody who knows what they're doing. For me, not so much. lol

And yeah, getting the location is all I really want. But having to do it one level at a time with so many to go through is just too exhausting to think of.

One post from the mod developer will make this a lot easier. But I haven't seen him around since March and I'm still waiting 2 months for his reply to my first post, which I no longer need help with. Essentially, I'm missing two items. That's it. And if one of them happens to be in The Moon Tower, I'm done because there is no way to access The Moon Tower once you've left it. Seems he's disable the gem portals upon solving the last puzzle in The Moon Tower and leaving.
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

I might have tons of saves on my old backup pc from that mod.
I played it till the end.
I will look for you.

Yuu could try this
It scans all floors

Code: Select all

for i = 1, getMaxLevels() do 
    for x = 0, 32 do  
        for y = 0, 32 do 
            local entities = entitiesAt(i, x, y) 

for entity in entities do 
                 if (entity.name == "figure") then 
                    hudPrint("found at "..i..", "..x..", "..y.."")
                  --  party:setPosition(entity.x, entity.y, party.facing, entity.level) --      this line tp's your party to the item. (Note: Pick item up and run code again to find the second)
This should work, else I forgot:P
Last edited by trancelistic on Thu May 10, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

trancelistic wrote:I might have tons of saves on my old backup pc from that mod.
I played it till the end.
I will look for you.
Thanks. I did finish it but had to do 3 or 4 cheats to get through it. Couldn't find Ancient Apparatus and 3 keys, including the end boss key. Did Zendik drop it after killing him? I didn't see but may have overlooked it.

I'm going to play through this again printing out all the maps to see where I might have missed some keys.
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

Re-read my post mate. I've edited it.