So I lost the Sword of Nex...

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
The Unlawful Salmon

So I lost the Sword of Nex...

Post by The Unlawful Salmon »

So I left the Sword of Nex somewhere in the game, because I didn't have anyone who uses swords. I could of left it anywhere in the game! I didn't know I needed it to enter Fighter's Challenge. Can you blame me though? Why is having some random sword going to open that door? Did I miss some kind of clue that having that sword would open the door?

Any chance I can look in the game files somewhere to see where I left it in the game? Also if it helps I'm about to assemble the machine, but I wanted to backtrack to finish this since it was too hard to do earlier.

PS: What in the world is with the registration questions? Seems a bit excessive... especially since I haven't played The Legend of Grimrock 2 yet.
Isaac

Re: So I lost the Sword of Nex...

Post by Isaac »

The Unlawful Salmon wrote:Any chance I can look in the game files somewhere to see where I left it in the game?
In the game console, copy/paste this first:

Code: Select all

for x = 1, getMaxLevels() do 
 for item in allEntities(x) do 
if item.name == "nex_sword" then 
print( item.name..":", " on level "..item.level,"@", "X:"..item.x, "Y:"..item.y ) 
end 
end 
end 
This will detect it on the open ground.

If that doesn't locate it, then it's probably in a container somewhere; try this next:

Code: Select all

for x = 1, getMaxLevels() do 
 for object in allEntities(x) do 
if object.name:match("box") or object.name:match("sack") or object.name:match("alcove") or object.name:match("altar") then 
for item in object:containedItems() do 
print( "Inside "..object.id..':', "on level "..object.level,"@", "X:"..object.x, "Y:"..object.y,': '..item.name) 
end 
end 
end 
end 
PS: What in the world is with the registration questions? Seems a bit excessive... especially since I haven't played The Legend of Grimrock 2 yet.
We have had some brutal spam-bot infestations here. The registration questions try to minimize it for the moderators.
Last edited by Isaac on Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

The Unlawful Salmon wrote:So I left the Sword of Nex somewhere in the game, because I didn't have anyone who uses swords. I could of left it anywhere in the game! I didn't know I needed it to enter Fighter's Challenge. Can you blame me though? Why is having some random sword going to open that door? Did I miss some kind of clue that having that sword would open the door?
Any chance I can look in the game files somewhere to see where I left it in the game? Also if it helps I'm about to assemble the machine, but I wanted to backtrack to finish this since it was too hard to do earlier.
You can also spawn the sword through the Console. You can read more about that here: http://www.grimrock.net/modding/scripting-reference/
The Unlawful Salmon wrote: PS: What in the world is with the registration questions? Seems a bit excessive... especially since I haven't played The Legend of Grimrock 2 yet.
As Isaac said, there's a constant attack of spambots/spammers that target phpbb forums... So the idea is, you as a human, could typically find the answer to those questions, even if you've never played the game, through google (or whatever your desired search engine is). I even go as far as PMing new users who have 0 posts for over 2 weeks, to ask them to post in our Introduction thread, if nowhere else, to simply prove they're not spambots. If they do not reply to the PM or post, I delete those accounts two weeks after sending them a message (so essentially they have a month to post and prove they're not spambots).
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Komag

Post by Komag »

I would just spawn a new one, since you know you found it legitimately the first time.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play