MP of LoG?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
NorternWolf

MP of LoG?

Post by NorternWolf »

Is there any LAN option for us who wants to play with friends in cooperative manner?
If not, then you should make co-op implemented in LoG! Anything else would be disappointing.
Imagine that you and your friend brought with you some snacks, warm chocolate, beer and so on. Add with that, adventuring LoG together in co-op mode :D

However, kudos to devs for making a supposedly beautiful dungeon crawler game!

edit: had a hard time of trying find out FAQ about multiplaying, so that's why i am wondering if there's any LAN mode.
Last edited by NorternWolf on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eisberg

Re: MP of LoG?

Post by eisberg »

No multiplayer, and no word about multiplayer ever being supported.
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

Multiplayer would require radically different design, but conceptually a coop dungeon crawler might be fun..
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

NorternWolf wrote:Imagine that you and your friend bought some snacks, cooked warm chocolate...
Am I the only to which this is confusing? :-P
Zetr0

Post by Zetr0 »

I am just hoping its not a euphemism for something else.....
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

I don;t see how MP will work in a game like this? fine in something like BG and Icewind dale, where you can control individual characters, but here all the chars move at the same time, there won't be many MP elements, unless one person does the movement the other attacking? even then I don't think it will be that great
NorternWolf

Post by NorternWolf »

matthewfarmery wrote:I don;t see how MP will work in a game like this? fine in something like BG and Icewind dale, where you can control individual characters, but here all the chars move at the same time, there won't be many MP elements, unless one person does the movement the other attacking? even then I don't think it will be that great
Well, i.e. you control two characters and your friend the other two! I just thought it would be kinda awesome to play together and try to solve the puzzles, beat the monsters and so on. Would improve gameplay a lot I think!

Maybe its possible that in the future there are two adventurers that control two heroes in their own, fighting together all in co-op manner!
I am thinking about LAN mode! Not mmorpg or something like that...
Sol_HSA wrote:Multiplayer would require radically different design, but conceptually a coop dungeon crawler might be fun..
Nothing is impossible, it just takes longer time to break it!
Last edited by NorternWolf on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

matthewfarmery wrote:I don;t see how MP will work in a game like this? fine in something like BG and Icewind dale, where you can control individual characters, but here all the chars move at the same time, there won't be many MP elements, unless one person does the movement the other attacking? even then I don't think it will be that great
You could do it with two separate parties. Of course this would be a dramatic redesign of the entire game, so it's not in the cards.

It's not a trivial thing to tack-on, it would have be done from the ground up. Designing a game of this genre in such a way would probably also be to the detriment of the single player experience. It's a completely different thing than designing a world that revolves entirely around the single cell the player is currently occupying.

It could be cool, especially with multi-player specific dungeon designs that had puzzles requiring cooperation, but it would have to be a dramatically different game.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

One thing to mention, is you could certainly both play the game together I did a similar thing when I was a kid, take turns controlling the party and both discuss tactics and such, you'll have fun! :D

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
NorternWolf

Post by NorternWolf »

Darklord wrote:One thing to mention, is you could certainly both play the game together I did a similar thing when I was a kid, take turns controlling the party and both discuss tactics and such, you'll have fun! :D

Daniel.
Yeah as a kid (clearly I did the same past time)... Now when getting older, you as a man, want to control your own. If not, your a slave of your demonic seductress of a wife!
Last edited by NorternWolf on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.