With regret

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
UknowsI

Re: With regret

Post by UknowsI »

mike30542 wrote: I intend to restart in easy mode (as suggested by Petri & others) In the hope I can progress further because despite my problems I've enjoyed the game. Some posters have offered other suggestions which I will try.
Telling me the game is not hard is an insult. You may find it easy - others do not.
Also make sure to find as many secret rooms as possible. Some of the items makes your characters a lot stronger and makes fighting easier.
Filiecs

Post by Filiecs »

Two words.
Poison. Resistance.

With the
SpoilerShow
snake bracelet
those mushrooms do like 1 damage to you, if even that.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

The few things that I found helped me Mike.

Play on easy.
Train up and wear everything to do with poison damage and evasion, forget the rest.
You can use rouges instead of fighters and train in dodge, they make pretty good fighters.
Two mage at the back can use spells, thrown and missile weapons, as well as a spear as a last resort. (Funnily enough, I get lots of critical hits with mages thrown and missile attacks)
Once you have figured out one or two puzzles, you find the format is roughly the same for them all, and they are easily solvable.
I have found only one solution for the twitch games, my hands are to slow these days, so I tell my Son what it is I want doing, and he does the twitch for me.

Hope this helps somewhat.
Last edited by Dandy on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
Drax

Post by Drax »

You can also email your save file to someone, they'll do that particular puzzle and send it back.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

Drax wrote:You can also email your save file to someone, they'll do that particular puzzle and send it back.
This also is a great solution to twitch tests, if you know a young-un, who has the game.

Don't let it beat you, we are made of sterner stuff. :D
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
Pajamas

Post by Pajamas »

Sol_HSA wrote:
The_ShadoW wrote:I can't imagine how a person can die to any mob prior to level 6 if they play on Easy.
Perhaps if you leave the game running and go for a walk for at least an hour...

...that's the only way I can think of.
Two words: Poison clouds.
The easiest way to fix poison is to sleep.

Honestly, I don't blame you for giving up, but its only a game, YOU CAN WHIP IT IN THE BUT AND KEEP ON TRUCKIN! Best thing for puzzles that your stuck on is to simply get a guide or re-read a note that you found nearby. If you simply ask in the other section you can ask for subtle to the full blown answer and most likely get a result.

Don't give up hope, you can do it.
citizengrim

Post by citizengrim »

Hey maybe this is not a game for you tho. I meant dont push your self. A game suppose to be enjoyable not put someone in stress. Maybe try take it easy and play on easy mode for a while. IF still not working out, then move on and find a different game :)
mike30542

Post by mike30542 »

Disasterrific wrote:Does the OP realize that character death isn't permanent?
Yes. I am dexterity challenged not stupid.
mike30542

Post by mike30542 »

citizengrim wrote:Hey maybe this is not a game for you tho. I meant dont push your self. A game suppose to be enjoyable not put someone in stress. Maybe try take it easy and play on easy mode for a while. IF still not working out, then move on and find a different game :)
I am/was enjoying the game as I have previously posted but am somewhat frustrated that my progress is blocked by my problems with the combat system. I am certainly not stressed. I will try easy mode & hope that with practice & perseverance I will get better.
Ashtray

Post by Ashtray »

way to beat LoG, square dance 101:

M1
2P

M= monster
P = party
1,2 = empty squares

Ok, so you stand at place P, facing north, ready your spells now.
If monster moves to square 1:
- when it is moving, quicly hit it with weapons and spells.
- press A to strafe left
- press E if you want, so you are at same formation than in beginning

If monster moves to square 2:
- press Q to turn left
- when it is moving, quicly hit it with weapons and spells.
- press D to strafe right

Rinse and repeat. If there is multiple monster try to lure them one by one away from others.
and USE Q and E BUTTONS TO TURN.. do not use mouse look to turn.