Problem with spiders, severe arachnophobia

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Sol_HSA

Re: Problem with spiders, severe arachnophobia

Post by Sol_HSA »

remilafo wrote:I don't know why this thread has gone on so long.. the solution seems quite simple.
Yes: someone who's first to make an "arachnofobia mod" for grimrock is going to be a hero to a bunch of people.

I find that solution much easier than what you proposed. =)
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
trinsic

Post by trinsic »

I remember a while back I had some fear of spiders. so I decided to do something about it. I went online and for a couple of days learned all I could about them, looked up pictures of different kinds and what not, research info on different types of spiders using wikipedia. I feel like fear of spiders has something to do with a spacial paradox and the mind doesn't like spacial paradoxes, so that might be part of it.
anyway after that Im not so scared of spiders. hope that helps.
trinsic

Post by trinsic »

Tenzek wrote:I play on a huge screen, and when the spiders lunge at me up close, they are about as large on my screen as I am in real life.

I don't have any problems with real spiders, but these spiders have made me jump a few times when they surprised me. None of the other creatures in the game have that effect on me, but I think it's the sound they make more than anything else.
Its the speed they move that does it for me. I hate scary things that can move in on me faster than im able to think about running for my life. its really annoying.
trinsic

Post by trinsic »

nianu wrote:i remember seeing a skyrim mod that replaced the spider skins with a spiderman skin and looked 10 times scarier than the original skin haha. i don't have arachnophobia (i actually think spiders are adorable) but that mod scared the crap out of me haha.
Did you see the one that turned spirders into standing bears with no animation. It looks hella funny being attacked by bears that float across the ground arms outstretched. lol.
Komag

Post by Komag »

now there is "Legend of Chaos" by Sutekh that removes all spiders from the original game (and makes a few other cosmetic changes) :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play