Brilliant game... but. A letter to AH and complainers.

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
cryocore

Re: Brilliant game... but. A letter to AH and complainers.

Post by cryocore »

Pipsissiwa wrote:And I send you commant right back at you Cryo:
"We're just telling you what we think of your feedback. If you have the right to express your opinions so do we."
Why would you post this? I have stated numerous times that everyone should be free to express their opinion as long as its polite and respectful. Just because I disagree with something someone has said doesnt invalidate either opinion.
Kurgen

Post by Kurgen »

Curunir wrote:Having your hands stuck up your crack and being unable to cope with the game on Easy is not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.
(do you see what I did there?)
Yes, you quite clearly don't want to follow the very forum's rules that you feel empowered enough to defend against "unworthy" input. Your attitude to other users is shockingly bad, seemingly exacerbated by your inability to accept that you may be wrong about something. This is your problem, and no-one else's.
Pipsissiwa

Post by Pipsissiwa »

cryocore wrote: <snip>

There is always a shift in focus when you try to appeal to those outside of the core or niche market.
AH have said that they weren't aiming for any specific market, niche or otherwise. Inevitably the playerbase (certainly at the start) will end up being those of us that played these games to death back in the day, but it wasn't aimed exclusively at us. That said I'm absolutely core market (believe me I am, this game is the best since I packed away my Amiga)

I'm sure you'd say I'm not tho, because I am giving feedback that disagrees with your opinion.

And I post it Cryo, because you continue to belittle those of us who think differently to you. Why do that if you think our opinion is equally valid?
"I'd let you live but I can't, I'm a willing servant of Evil"

Pipsissiwa
Geek Girl/Gamer Girl
Kurgen

Post by Kurgen »

killington wrote:AH did an amazing job and all the whiners can play something else. Or make their own game if they think they're such great game devs.
Yes, you obviously haven't read the rest of the thread, where those very devs you so worship and respect asked specifically for people to not use the "argument" that any "whiners" go play something else instead.
cryocore

Post by cryocore »

Pipsissiwa wrote:
cryocore wrote: <snip>

There is always a shift in focus when you try to appeal to those outside of the core or niche market.
AH have said that they weren't aiming for any specific market, niche or otherwise. Inevitably the playerbase (certainly at the start) will end up being those of us that played these games to death back in the day, but it wasn't aimed exclusively at us. That said I'm absolutely core market (believe me I am, this game is the best since I packed away my Amiga)

I'm sure you'd say I'm not tho, because I am giving feedback that disagrees with your opinion.

And I post it Cryo, because you continue to belittle those of us who think differently to you. Why do that if you think our opinion is equally valid?
Please show me one example of me belittling anyone.
antti

Post by antti »

Okay, I don't think we can get any further with this thread. If you want to continue this discussion, PM me so I can unlock the thread (if you continue this argument elsewhere, we might need to hand out some probations) but to me it seems like we're going in circles here. We don't want to go too crazy with moderating and controlling things over here but I have to say that the tone of the discussion in this thread has been toeing on the line of a flamewar long enough.

Like I said, we value all the input anyone might have but we are the ones who are developing the game and the responsibility of making the choices is up to us and we do have our own vision of the game. So rest assured that getting features implemented or whatnot won't happen solely based on who wins the arguments on the forum.

Keep the discussions civil. You can disagree but be respectful towards other people's opinions and don't get riled up if someone happens to disagree with you.

And one more thing. If you're having an argument, don't assume that developers are on your side: we do not pick sides since we're too busy making games.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry