DLC

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Sheep

DLC

Post by Sheep »

Will there be a future DLC And if so. Would you need to make a whole new characters or could you continue with your Characters and their equipment? Or will you have the chance to go to some towns and buy some equipments before going into the dungeons?
Halk

Re: DLC

Post by Halk »

The designers designed the game with a max level of 50. It's almost implied that there needs to be more.
The rest isn't known. The designers have said they don't know about a sequel until the game has been released, and they've said very little since then - other than it's been a success.
I don't know about going to towns, however players will be able to make content, so I would very much hope I can take my party after Grimrock and go delving somewhere else and further them.
petri

Post by petri »

If by DLC you mean a new dungeon that you can buy from us, it depends on whether people want this or not. So far the consensus seems to be that DLCs are evil (for some reason unknown to me). Maybe we should have a poll about this...
Halk

Post by Halk »

As much as I've seen people say DLC is evil I've seen them in the same breath say expansions are not...

I think you just need to get away from the image of Horse Armor when you say DLC... or just not use DLC to describe it.
Brodie301

Post by Brodie301 »

Petri by "dungeon" do you mean revamp or continuation?
The FORCE is with me!!!
Drax

Post by Drax »

DLCs are "evil" when they're either zero-day released or badly priced for what they offer (see: horse armour).

DLC that revitalises or significantly expands an existing product is almost always well received.
Zeful

Post by Zeful »

Drax wrote:DLCs are "evil" when they're either zero-day released.
Haha, no. Bad DLC are bad regardless of when they're released. The only argument against Day-one DLC that's actually, you know, valid- is DLC on the disk. It could have very easily been a part of the core game, but wasn't. And even then it only extends to a general product, not special editions. Afterall there's a time between completion of the game and it being available for purchase and for titles with physical goods, this is roughly a month. The team has to be doing something or we go back to the time where a team that finished a project was assigned to other projects and thus support patches like we get now don't exist.

Additional dungeon DLC for Grimrock, assuming a fair price, is something I figure most players would be for.
Drax

Post by Drax »

Zeful wrote:
Drax wrote:DLCs are "evil" when they're either zero-day released.
Haha, no. Bad DLC are bad regardless of when they're released. The only argument against Day-one DLC that's actually, you know, valid- is DLC on the disk. It could have very easily been a part of the core game, but wasn't. And even then it only extends to a general product, not special editions. Afterall there's a time between completion of the game and it being available for purchase and for titles with physical goods, this is roughly a month. The team has to be doing something or we go back to the time where a team that finished a project was assigned to other projects and thus support patches like we get now don't exist.

Additional dungeon DLC for Grimrock, assuming a fair price, is something I figure most players would be for.
There's no excuse for zero-day DLC. If you spent development time before release creating it (and it was completed), why is it not in my copy?
murkscale

Post by murkscale »

petri wrote:If by DLC you mean a new dungeon that you can buy from us, it depends on whether people want this or not. So far the consensus seems to be that DLCs are evil (for some reason unknown to me). Maybe we should have a poll about this...
I think I talk on the behalf of your entire playerbase when I say that giving us DLC would be more than just awesome, it'd be amazing!
- And fair seeing how we want you to get the money to expand on the game.
Screw you guys, I'm famous!
Zola

Post by Zola »

DLC's aren't always bad, but these day one DLC's sure can get on your nerve, specially if the game is buggy and the resources had better spent in bug fixing.

What annoys me the most is the overpriced DLC's of kind, like a train for 30 bucks with a rail to drive along included. If you buy all trains you are done with over 1k €. That's what I call overpriced! Not mentioning game names here, but the game I talk about is probably already more then infamous.

EDIT:

I agree that a DLC that expands the game with new tile sets, monsters and might classes is more then awesome and I would gladly pay for it. More Monsters, more Tilesets, more variability, more Trap's and if all can be used to expand the Editor later on. Heck you get me hooked! *_*
Last edited by Zola on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.