Making a mod civ for civ6

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
raxsavvage

Making a mod civ for civ6

Post by raxsavvage »

Basically i'm asking if screenshots/offical wallpaper, a portrait, the mount grimrock name can be used in a publically available mod civ in civilzation 6 or a personal one that dont get uploaded if either
the rest is basically my handcannon of why and how about events around the 2 games. my personal roleplaying of it all.
Sir Tawmis

Re: Making a mod civ for civ6

Post by Sir Tawmis »

I believe as long as no money profit is being made, it should be fine.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
minmay

Post by minmay »

http://www.grimrock.net/modding_log1/mo ... age-terms/
You may only modify or redistribute those original or modified Legend of Grimrock game assets (this includes, but is not limited to, software, code, Lua files, graphics, writing and audio) that we have explicitly released for creating Legend of Grimrock mods. The redistributed assets must be contained in a package file (.dat file) generated by the Dungeon Editor. Any other use, commercial or non-commercial, for these assets is forbidden. From time to time we may update the contents of the asset pack. Therefore you may not redistribute or mirror the asset pack or any of the assets contained within, except as packaged into a mod as explained above.
So I would say no, it's probably not fine.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Yeah, no. Except, really, yeah.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play