Back again

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Komag

Re: Back again

Post by Komag »

Dr.Disaster wrote:Well .. then we already know what you will do with LoG1 :D
THIS. And it's a shame, to miss the nice ending of the game due to hardcore personal rule of never loading after death.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Orthocone

Post by Orthocone »

Training made no sense. Too many XP needed for level 14. Pity. But now I'm fighting the Undying. It's easy, it seems. Already removed 2 of the 4 parts. But now the EM 2016 is calling. I'll finish that cube tomorrow.

Has anyone played Toorum? Can't imagine how to kill those enemies with one guy without element protection.

Thought about a full magician party, but what a pity. I can't activate two elemental shields the same time. (Is it impossible or do I need 4 mages for all elemental screens?)
Orthocone

Post by Orthocone »

Made it.

But I'm disappointed about the ending. I expected something like G2 : "Escape" or "Rule" but killing the Undying and then dying in an exploding mountain? Maybe it's tragic but not satisfying.

I found only 5/7 treasures. I wonder where the others are. Now I'm waiting for G3. Don't like Toorum, but maybe I try my magic party. I fear they won't survive but my current mage made up to 300 points of lightning damage. If all 4 realms deal the same amount of destruction ...

If you're interested I'll tell you about my replay.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I don't remember the party dying in the exploding mountain. :?
Orthocone

Post by Orthocone »

The last thing I remember before I closed the game was a huge crater. Then Darkness. And the Credits.
Komag

Post by Komag »

I believe they made it just beyond the blast radius, that time is a bit compressed in the sequence of screenshots
Orthocone

Post by Orthocone »

I'd like to believe that, but ....

After the cube died, I immediatly looked around and listened. I thought, a secret door would open. Maybe an unknown teleporter. But nothing. The party stood in a room with no exit, except upwards. Toorum wrote in a note earlier : "One can enter the dungeons only from above. It was designed that way." (IIRC). Then the earth shakes and the mountain exploded. It's impossible for me to imagine, that they suvived a collapsing mountain, imprisoned in a room in the middle of it with no exit.

But that's not really important, I think. It's only my imagination of the end of the game ;) .
minmay

Post by minmay »

The first page of the outro:
SpoilerShow
The fifth page of the outro shows the party running down a corridor towards a bright light:
SpoilerShow
This seems to imply that they were able to escape the collapsing mountain, though the explosion probably killed them shortly after anyway.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

minmay wrote:The first page of the outro:
SpoilerShow
The fifth page of the outro shows the party running down a corridor towards a bright light:
SpoilerShow
This seems to imply that they were able to escape the collapsing mountain, though the explosion probably killed them shortly after anyway.
Bah! These are heroes that survived all the horrors of Grimrock - faced the Undying One - and defeated him! No mere explosion will take them out after they've endured all of that! (In the silly fanfic I was writing, I had the characters make it to the Great Lake below, tumbling down the mountain). :)
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Komag

Post by Komag »

In Master Quest I recreated those scenes in-game, so that running into that lighted exit is the very last in-game thing you do.

It's easy to assume there was actually some time that then passed before the actual explosion. Sort of like in movies where a train is coming fast but then there is always more time to escape the ropes. It's just media messing with time dilation, very common.