The ending of Grimrock

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Ayreos

The ending of Grimrock

Post by Ayreos »

I only today finished Legend of Grimrock! It was such a satisfying dungeon crawling! I already own the second game and like its improvements, but there something viscerally satisfying in delving deeper and deeper in one large dungeon, as opposed to traversing an island!

That said, i am disappointed with the ending. I don't mind the fate of your heroes, but having obtained (and lugged around through the game!) all 7 treasures without any consequence is enough to hold me back from finishing the second game!

What would you think if the game had a written epilogue, dependent on how many treasures you found? 0 treasures would have the regular ending, while increasingly higher number of treasures would allow increasing levels of success for the heroes outside of the dungeon, with 7 treasures being "With the immense riches obtained in the dungeon, and with their crimes absolved by the mountain trial, the prisoners became characters of great renown, eventually leaving the king himself no choice but to proclaim them nobility..."

I guess that's too much. The game IS named GRIMrock, after all!
minmay

Re: The ending of Grimrock

Post by minmay »

who would buy gold from a bunch of convicts that just exploded a mountain
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.