Game Length

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
fan

Re: Game Length

Post by fan »

13 floors! Maybe the counter is off, I had to reload a couple of times, but I only got stuck twice. After playing games like DM, EotB and Wizardry the puzzles in this game aren't hard. The combat is way too easy, you can just move back and rotate on a 2x2 square, the combat-difficulty doesn't change a thing, really.

@General, yes - I can. Give me a second.

edit: Seems like pressing Print doesn't make a screenshot, is there another hotkey for that?
Last edited by fan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

That's true an end screen would be nice! ;)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
petri

Post by petri »

That's insanely fast. It took me about 10 hours to beat the game for the first time and I knew almost all secrets and solutions to puzzles. I'm impressed.

EDIT: the counter in stats does not include reloads and retries, only consecutive time from beginning to current position.
fan

Post by fan »

I see, maybe that's why it only says 8:32! Maybe it's closer to 10, I don't know!

I've attached my stats from right before I defeat the last enemy of the game, but the image shows the last encounter of LoG. I have no idea how to get the statistics screen on there without doing that.
SpoilerShow

Seems like I've missed quite a few secrets in the later levels. I need to do a rerun. :D Also I have 4 skulls and 7 treasures in my inventory, I don't know why they're not counted.
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

Not bad! :)
But as Petri said, it doesn't count the reloades and all that. If you're playing it via Steam, you can see how much time it really took you.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

petri wrote:EDIT: the counter in stats does not include reloads and retries, only consecutive time from beginning to current position.
it doesn't? Oh my I must have been playing for 12+ hours then! :lol:

Daniel.
stubbie

Post by stubbie »

LOL. I just checked my Steam stats for Grimrock.
I have played the game for 15 hours.
And I'm only on the 4th dungeon level. :D
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

That's the way, enjoy the game don't rush it. :D

That being said food becomes more of an issue when you take your time, I ran out completely on level 4. :shock:

Daniel.
aedes

Post by aedes »

I cant understand people who rush through games like that...
I love to take my time and have a very close look at everything.
Have played around 6 hours now, and am on level 4.
Enjoying myself.
Finally a game where I can use my brains for a change... :D
wickermoon

Post by wickermoon »

Jack Dandy wrote:Congratulations on finishing this so quickly. :P

In any case, once map editor's out, we can expect a steady stream of new fan-made maps, so that's something to look forward to!
This editor feature got me thinking, as soon as I saw the level choice in TB's video: Wouldn't it be quite possible to re-create any DM-/EotB-Series game and maybe even LoL I? That...would be so....awesome!

Also, if the editor would include an option to create "continuous dungeons", where you could transfer your group or dungeon states in between dungeons, might be a nice idea, to tell a story over several dungeons (e.g. "revisiting a dungeon x years later" by loading another dungeon with a save-game that has the same layout, but with different tiles (e.g. additional land-slide tiles and so on) but also where the items you've dropped are still there (or maybe some of them rotten away)). I hope you got my idea?

I would totally try to re-create lands of lore (even though limited as it might be). But that would need open-world tiles. :/